Yaesu: FT5D - New Bugs found on firmware v.1.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

IK4SWW

Dear all,

I found two new bugs after I installed the new firmware v.1.11 on my FT5DE.

1 - If you start the “Voice Recording” function when the volume of the radio is set to zero, the radio always records even if no signal is present on that frequency, in other words the record doesn’t go in “pause”. If this event happens even just once, the only way to restore the correct functioning of the “Voice Recording” function is to Reset the radio; otherwise the problem always persists. This issue happens even if you set to zero the volume after the voice recording is started.
The reason of why I need to set the volume to zero during the voice recording is simple: if you want to monitor the traffic on a frequency during the night, you need to start the “voice recording” function and silent the radio audio.

2 - The second bug that I found after I installed the new firmware v.1.11 on my FT5DE is the following: when you delete a voice recorded file using the radio menu, the file disappear from the radio list but it is not deleted from the SD card.

73 de
Massimo, IK4SWW

CocoaBeWhere

Confirmed about the file NOT deleted bug. Very annoying having to pop out the card to go and delete it on a laptop. Yaesu, you need to fix this!

Status
Not open for further replies.