FT60R batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

hello, can someone tell me of a good, dependable online vendor where I could pick up another battery for an FT60 HT? Ive seen the battery america site a time or two, however Ive also seen some very bad reports from this company, any direction would be appreciated

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Yaesu

I bought the FNB-83xh battery for my FT-60E from BATTERIES AMERICA and it's doing great. I had no problem with the company or the online ordering process. I highly recommend this battery. It has 2500 mAh vs. 1400 with the battery that comes with the radio. 7.2V on both.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I would just buy the AA case and use eneloops. Just don't buy the AA case from the place they recommend, they charge $29.95 when everyone else I see charges $16-20.

I guess when they over inflate the price like that, it makes their aftermarket batteries look like a good deal :roll:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I would just buy the AA case and use eneloops.
That's exactly what I do.

Re: Batteries America -> probably about 7 years ago I ordered a replacement pack for my BC-3000XLT from them. I was placing my order with grandma over the phone, but otherwise it was a good battery & absolutely no problems.

swat1956

Stock Battery for the FT-60R

Has anyone taking the stock battery apart and rebuilt the Pack I cant seen to see how it comes apart seems as if its Molded together
Thanks for your Time
N0HIU-Jack

K

kb0nly

Has anyone taking the stock battery apart and rebuilt the Pack I cant seen to see how it comes apart seems as if its Molded together
Thanks for your Time
N0HIU-Jack

Yep its sonic or heat welded together after assembly. Only way i can see to take one apart is cut it apart.

Plenty of eBay sellers with batteries also, i know someone that bought a cheap china made battery off eBay and it works great, 2450mAh i think it was.

N1BHH

I just recently bought a couple FNB-V94 batteries via Universal Radio and I am hooked on them. I looked around for the best price and they have it. This is a 1800mAH battery. I suggest if you don't have a drop in charger, get one. Remember, when charging a battery it is unwise to transmit, or for that matter receive. I got the FBA-25 when I got mine as well as the drop in charger, that way I would always have the radio available and wouldn't be radio-less when waiting for a battery to charge for 10 hours or so.

Yaesu FT-60, Yaesu FT60R 2 Meter HT

K

kb0nly

Get an Arrowmax VIR-400 desktop charger, they work great.. That's what i use for my FT-60R.

W2NJS

Just so everyone knows, Vertex uses the same FT60R battery in their VX160 and VX180 portables, and probably others as well, so it's probably best to go by the Vertex battery number rather than the radio model number.

Status
Not open for further replies.