• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FTH-2005, any info on it? How to operate it? VFO mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I acquired a Yaesu FTH-2005. It does not have a keypad, and has 4 buttons. SCAN, PRI, a blank button above PTT, and a LOW mode switch ontop below the Volume knob. I havent gotten it to power on due to dead battery, and no power supply. So when I do get it working, how do I
1: Reset the unit completely
2: Program without a PC and no keypad... maybe the blank button and CHANNEL knob ??
Any insight would be good.. I looked up the FTH 2005 and i found its a public safety grade VHF 2m radio.. FCC licensed for use on VHF pub safety.. so any help would be awesome.

Kb2Jpd

I acquired a Yaesu FTH-2005. It does not have a keypad, and has 4 buttons. SCAN, PRI, a blank button above PTT, and a LOW mode switch ontop below the Volume knob. I havent gotten it to power on due to dead battery, and no power supply. So when I do get it working, how do I

1: Reset the unit completely

2: Program without a PC and no keypad... maybe the blank button and CHANNEL knob ??

Any insight would be good.. I looked up the FTH 2005 and i found its a public safety grade VHF 2m radio.. FCC licensed for use on VHF pub safety.. so any help would be awesome.

The circuit board is identical to the ft-x3r series. There is no vfo mode but you can reset the board and it will forget the factory settings. It is now set up for high vhf. Beware that it is not a broadband unit so don't expect D.C. To daylight.

I wrote the mod file for the ham version. Easy to google kb2jpd mod file.

Adam Kb2jpd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kb2Jpd

The circuit board is identical to the ft-x3r series. There is no vfo mode but you can reset the board and it will forget the factory settings. It is now set up for high vhf. Beware that it is not a broadband unit so don't expect D.C. To daylight.

I wrote the mod file for the ham version. Easy to google kb2jpd mod file.

Adam Kb2jpd

http://www.ir3ip.net/projects/yaesu/ft73.mod.txt

I just wanted to figure out if there was a way to program in amateur rx only VHF repeaters. I have no keypad on my radio, just a few buttons, PRI, SCAN, LOW, and a blank button above PTT. No DTMF keypad. and a dead battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.