Yaesu: FTM-300DR No Transmit Audio

kj5yn

Have suddenly lost my transmit audio. Receive audio fine. Can key up repeaters but no audio. Have ruled out antenna, power supply, microphone. Nothing has changed in my settings or program. Suggestions? Should I send it to Yaesu for repair?

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Is that just repeaters and you are not sending a tone? Did you try 146.520 MHz simplex? Is the volume turned down on your RX radio?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
...adding

Other Yaesu radios have Automatic Mode Select (AMS) a function changed from the front panel or that fancy microphone. Wrong mode for the repeater will likely not keyup the repeater, but something to watch for. Also, radio dependent, to change squelch type from carrier, tone, etc. from the front panel or mic. without changing programing. I'm not sure if the 300 has dual receive, but with separate volume control levels you might have a situation were levels are not set where you think they are.

" Receive audio fine. Can key up repeaters but no audio."

That's a bit of confusion for me. Digital mode operation you should not hear the repeater unless someone talks. Typical repeater operation for dual mode repeaters is to use the tone on the analog side so that operators can program tone squelch and not hear the digital QSO as digital will not use tone.

Hoping its just a radio setting and not broken...

Good Luck,
Mike

wilsoms

Premium Subscriber
I’m having the same problem, triggers the repeaters just fine but no audio output, at first I thought it was the mic, but tried a Bluetooth mic and still had the same issue. I’m thinking it’s going back to yaesu.

wilsoms

Premium Subscriber
I’ve tried simplex FM and Digital both with the mic and Bluetooth the antenna is a 1.5:1 or less across the band. It can trip the tone on a far off repeater with only a silent carrier heard so tone is working but no voice. Was working perfectly then nothing, no indication other than no one could hear me just dead air.

Bennpapa

I haven't messed with any of the tones. It's don't the same thing that the original post said. I can hear everything, I can key up and activate repeaters with tones. I can even key up and punch in the link/ unlink codes on one of our repeaters, but no one can hear me when I talk on repeater or simplex.