Yaesu: Ftm 400 keeps beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhernan488

Idk why my radio keeps beeping. Every bell ringer is turned off. But it's still beeps randomly and sometimes a lot at once. Any ideas?

RBMTS

Is APRS modem on and the radio programmed on the APRS frequency? If yes, look at your APRS configuration again. It’s probably pinging for nearby stations, WX data, etc.

Jhernan488

Is APRS modem on and the radio programmed on the APRS frequency? If yes, look at your APRS configuration again. It’s probably pinging for nearby stations, WX data, etc.
Yes, I use APRS frequency and modem is on. I turned all of that off. Idk why it keeps making sounds

RBMTS

So just to clarify, you manually turned off all of the APRS “Ringer” functions in the APRS sub-menu section?

Is the radio doing anything or showing anything on the display when this happens?

How did you initially program the radio? By hand, RT Sys software, adms software, other (please don’t say you used Chirp)?

My only suggestion is to do a full reset and try manually programming in a few things and see if the problem returns.

Jhernan488

So just to clarify, you manually turned off all of the APRS “Ringer” functions in the APRS sub-menu section?

Is the radio doing anything or showing anything on the display when this happens?

How did you initially program the radio? By hand, RT Sys software, adms software, other (please don’t say you used Chirp)?

My only suggestion is to do a full reset and try manually programming in a few things and see if the problem returns.
Yeah, every ringer is turned off same with the pop ups so nothing shows.

I used the software from their website to program it, also added some manually on the unit.

I'll have to give a reset a try. It gets very annoying at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.