Yaesu: FTM-400XDE APRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA4MDN

FTM-400-XDE connected to a duel band antenna sitting about 40FT up, decent swr at 1.5.1, about 50% of the received APRS beacons activate the screen, the ones that don't activate the screen still show in the received list,

KW TH-D 74 connected to duel band antenna sitting about 2FT above ground level swr 1.5.1 all received APRS beacons activate the screen,

any reason anyone might know why half the beacons received on the 400 are in the received list but no show on the screen when received

Thanks Mick SA4MDN

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
There is a distance/milage setting, so one does not need to see beacons from far away.

KO4RJX

Premium Subscriber
Also I believe their was a setting in the FTM-400 that does not show duplicate stations on the screen but they still present in the received list.

SA4MDN

Range Limit is off, still looking for a duplicate station setting

Thanks

ArtU

My three do not POP up Dupes. Only new since power on. Never bothered to look for a setting as I like it that way.
I "think" if stations are moving position, it is no longer a dupe like a fixed station would be.

SA4MDN

Already have the manual thanks, no setting that i can see in the manual or in the radio alone for Dupe settings, Deleting everything from the list i had it populate with beacons with only about half activating the screen and none were Dupes, not even my D74 sitting here will activate the screen every time on the 400, but the 400 will activate the 74 screen every time, it just bugs me that if they are in the list then why no screen flashing.

Last edited:

ArtU

And you have the Beacon Pop-Ups menu selected to all types also I am assuming? If so that is strange, but I bet mine are doing that also I always assumed it was dupes.

Status
Not open for further replies.