Yaesu: FTM-400xdr GPS out

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE6QE

Good morning everyone,

I am considering purchasing a FTM-400xdr, and have a question with its GPS output. In particular, I am wondering if the GPS out tied with the CT-165 cable will provide the proper NMEA output in order to provide the GPS interface with a BCD536HP. I do this today with my TM-D710G with great results. Is anyone using the FTM-400xdr to drive their scanner GPS input? Thanks for the responses ahead of time.

Rickey/AE6QE

wrath

Good morning everyone,

I am considering purchasing a FTM-400xdr, and have a question with its GPS output. In particular, I am wondering if the GPS out tied with the CT-165 cable will provide the proper NMEA output in order to provide the GPS interface with a BCD536HP. I do this today with my TM-D710G with great results. Is anyone using the FTM-400xdr to drive their scanner GPS input? Thanks for the responses ahead of time.

Rickey/AE6QE
I was told no when I looked into it ,but that was an earlier run of 400 they might have changed it,ìn recent ones ,so I will follow along in hopes somebody with a newer production can weigh in.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

sp7foy

I did not connect to the scanner, but I used NMEA data.
There is no problem to treat the FTM-400 as NMEA GPS.
NMEA GPRMC and GPGGA are available.

AE6QE

Great. I read through the manual, and thinks it's safe to give it a try. Thanks everyone.

AE6QE

All, just wanted to provide feedback. I finally got my FTM-400xdr, and I am successfully sending GPS to the BCD536HP using the CT-165 cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.