Yaesu: FTM-400XDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0GXN

No i don't have any links but i have the openspot version 1 currently and you just setup three profiles one for each digital mode , there was a previous update on the yaesu firmware that allowed you to enter your DMR I'd number then pick your 70 cm simplex frequency that is what you transmit and receive on frequency will be you don't have to mess around with color codes or slots , but putting it into transcode is like checking a few boxes I hear it's even simpler than that on version 3,if you look on you tube there are in-depth reviews an how to from K6UDA he has had every hotspot that has existed from rasberry pie on up, he calls his show elmer with an attitude , hes a pretty funny guy ( retired federal agent so he is into the basics radios ,guns, knives and blowing stuff up) i have been watching for about a year 1/2 it was his review of opensot 1 that got me off the fence to buy one , until i got one the only time i did digital was when i had a doctors appointment in the city. But watch his vidoes there amusing and informative and he demonstrates them thouroughly as for YSF i am pretty sure i saved this reference volume site i will look that up and post that for you.also there is some how to from open spot just Google shark RF openspot they have a great support forum that you can get into and talk with the developer sometimes the reply in seconds sometimes it's the next day.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sounds good, I'll will definitely check K6UDA's videos out. Thanks again for the info!

KE0GXN

Went ahead and ordered the stereo to two mono splitter cable However, most all distributors have the FTM-400 on back order including MTC and now that Yaesu came out with the new PDN firmware upgrade, I wonder if they will be able to keep them on the shelves when they finally come in.

Looking forward to getting this rig!

wrath

Went ahead and ordered the stereo to two mono splitter cable However, most all distributors have the FTM-400 on back order including MTC and now that Yaesu came out with the new PDN firmware upgrade, I wonder if they will be able to keep them on the shelves when they finally come in.

Looking forward to getting this rig!
I am pretty sure they are already discontinued from Yaesu,so you can count on them being in short supply ,whatever they have on hand will be built and shoved out the door !

wrath

I am not certain as to where i saw it ,but it was in the last 4 or 5 days .

KE0GXN

I believe he is confused, I figured given the thread title I could abbreviate a little ..Maybe he believes I am referring to the Yaesu FT-400 SSB transceiver. :unsure:

KE0GXN

I am not certain as to where i saw it ,but it was in the last 4 or 5 days .

I have not seen or read that anywhere. On the contrary, everything I have seen from Yaesu is the radio is here to stay along with a brand new feature rich firmware upgrade just put out.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
The phrases, "I am pretty sure..." and "I am not certain..." are speculative indicators. One should be suspect of whatever comes after something like that in a sentence.

KE0GXN is quite right about the new firmware for the FTM-100 and 400 series radios. The recent update the FT-2DR received allowing it to be a PDN is now available for the noted mobiles, along with the new Wires-X 1.51 software as well and their respective cables. I need to update my 400's and give it a whirl. I have been enjoying the update with the FT-2DR.

KE0GXN

For anybody who is following or may happen upon this thread in the future....

The cable I referenced to in post #8, works like a charm! Using it with my new 400 and yes, VFO A's audio is on one speaker and VFO B's audio is on another speaker. Set-up works just like I had it with my Kenwood and currently on my ID-5100 in the truck.

73!

prcguy

Don't own any Unidens at the moment.

I was not getting any locals to use the Fusion mode on my new repeater so I bought two Yaesu FT-70DRs and gave them to good friends to get some digital going in the neighborhood. When my FT-400XDR gets here I hope the control head will fit in the drop down sunglass holder in my trucks overhead console.

LOL!! Sounds like you spend to much time in the Uniden forums on here :ROFLMAO:

KE0GXN

I was not getting any locals to use the Fusion mode on my new repeater so I bought two Yaesu FT-70DRs and gave them to good friends to get some digital going in the neighborhood. When my FT-400XDR gets here I hope the control head will fit in the drop down sunglass holder in my trucks overhead console.

Sounds good. The control head is quite small, it may very well fit in sunglass holder. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.