FTO Addition question? (Baltimore City MD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue4520

I read a post a long time ago about someone trying to locate the Baltimore City Box Alarm tones. I discovered what they are and can not figure out how to list them in the FTO section and don't want to mess anything up in the FTO area. Could someone please list it for me so all can have it to enjoy?

I put into my pager the dispatch freq of 154.4150Mhz with the Box Alarm Warble Tone (for full Fire Boxes, Rescue Boxes, Etc.): 1500/800

Baltimore county uses it the same, but Baltimore City is not listed under the FTO section if someone could update it because I am sure some people traveling to the expo or someone left wondering might want to know, or even confirm it works before spending a bunch of money for a pager. I also suggest as a 2nd channel to use 154.3850Mhz which is fire ground used about 90% of the time. However they only alert on Dispatch 154.4150Mhz, my other suggestion is go with the minitor 3 or greater, mainly a computer programmed pager because I have been searching for years to find the tone filters and can not find the one at all. It does work great and sets the pager off every time it is transmitted. I would like to add it has a small range problem when not in the City, It always works in the City for me but in the valley parts of the county it will not work without an antenna in the AMP charger, or see below to convert a standard charger to use a antenna if on a budget.

I would also like to add I can program the minitor III and IV pagers, and add a 2nd channel if in the Baltimore MD area, and I never charge any type of money or ask for anything because to me its a hobby and I enjoy it!!!

How to convert a minitor III IV standard charger to use an antenna:

In order to use an antenna with the minitor 3 & 4 standard charger I started by takeing it apart than drilling a hole to fit a bnc connector to the side near the back where it is the tallest, and moved the pin to line up to the pager antenna slot #4 you will only have 1 pin in the charger take out the 2nd extra pin It will no longer be needed and will not charge the pager itself any longer, but you can charge the batteries in the back battery slot. you'll have to get the schematic for that depending on the pager it will go into slot 4 on the minitor 3. You than get a coated wire and put through the hole on the circuit board connecting it to the BNC connector (no ground). I used hot glue for mine to secure everything, Than put it all together and your good to go. Keep in mind that it does not need power to use the antenna, and can go mobile. If you do decide to do this it is at your own risk.

I hope this is helpful to someone Thanks for reading....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
All FTO information is now in the wiki. Anyone can add to it simply by logging in with your RR userid/password. That can be found on the left side of the page.

In fact, we don't seem to have any FTO information for the City. Please feel free to add anything relevant there 73 Mike

Last edited:

rescue4520

Thanks, but I can not figuar out how to add it? Is there a detailed instruction page?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
RadioReference Services - The RadioReference Wiki

There's a yellow section that describes and defines the various things you can do.

When you are ready, to add a new article, simply put it on this page;

Baltimore City (MD) - The RadioReference Wiki

Enclose the new title in double square brackets (left of 'P' on the keyboard) and put an asterisk in the leftmost column like this;

* [[My New Title]]

When you store the city article this will come up in red. Click on the red text, paste your code in.

As is written in the new article guidelines, it's best to fool around with what you are doing in your own user area, so you can clean it up before publishing it.

Another alternative - do this in Word, and install the Word macro as linked in the user's guide to convert your Word stuff to MediaWiki coding. It probably won't be 100% but for a simple list or table it should work just fine.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.