FTO for unknown tones question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
It has been years I've done recordings for FTO to figure out the tone a/b. For example say I'm recording in FTO Search and I have like 25 Tones setup for stations. Seems now there is new tones. The past few days been recording on the sds200 and every tone goes out it pops up the ones I have. After the first tone goes on alert than there is 1 or more tones after the alert and I don't know a way to figure out what tone a/b they are. I'm using win10 Pro x64. I did use a counter program back when I had xp. Is there a program I can drop a file in and a counter figure out the tones?

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
If you're good with computers, you can put the file in Audacity and figure out the frequency of each tone. You select the section you want and select "Analyze" and "Plot Spectrum". Select Algorithm=Spectrum and Size=128. It will then show you a chart showing the audio level and frequencies contained in the selection. Move your cursor to where you see the peak and it will show you the frequency.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If you're good with computers, you can put the file in Audacity and figure out the frequency of each tone. You select the section you want and select "Analyze" and "Plot Spectrum". Select Algorithm=Spectrum and Size=128. It will then show you a chart showing the audio level and frequencies contained in the selection. Move your cursor to where you see the peak and it will show you the frequency.
I'll check the audacity I know I have it on computer I'll do some tests.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
On audacity forgot how to have audio record only when tone and chatter comes on not record blank or non active space?

Kingscup

Feed Provider
You can also use the Radio ID app available through Android or iOS. Put your phone next to the speaker and it will give you the a/b numbers. It works live or recorded audio. Here is the Android version to see if the is something you can use. Radio ID - Apps on Google Play

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
You can also use the Radio ID app available through Android or iOS. Put your phone next to the speaker and it will give you the a/b numbers. It works live or recorded audio. Here is the Android version to see if the is something you can use. Radio ID - Apps on Google Play
I forgot about that one. I I updated the audacity and going to see if the audacity works. I may try the app later. Do I need to put the phone next to the speaker? They use qcll and Plectron tones here.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Use the PEAK hz. The tones that you are interested in will be in the 300-3000 hz range. You can ignore smaller peaks outside that range.
Thanks. I went thru some new tones this morning and got the audacity on standby most of the night and did compare to my list I have and I have to take a guess which one and plug them in the 200 and do a search make sure it is correct. There is some small noise that is from the Disp side I know there is a way to clean that up on audacity maybe it can get closer to the tone.

DC31

Feed Provider
Are you a bcfy feed provider? If so, just grab the .mp3 file from the audio archives, save it to your computer, then open it with Audacity for analysis.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Are you a bcfy feed provider? If so, just grab the .mp3 file from the audio archives, save it to your computer, then open it with Audacity for analysis.
I'm not a bcfy feed provider. As of now I'm running sds200 to the proscan (using external speaker to line in on the computer) sitting on the freq that tones out the stations (I'm not running Fire Tone out) so I can get medic tones / new ones. In Audacity I have to export the file so I can save the audio. I'm using the sds100 on FTO side than go to my notes and put new or put a green box on the station that is correct.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
I forgot about that one. I I updated the audacity and going to see if the audacity works. I may try the app later. Do I need to put the phone next to the speaker? They use qcll and Plectron tones here.

Correct. It works on the QC 1+1 tones but have not been able to get it to work on the QC 2+2 tones.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The past few days been recording and playing back the audio and select the tone to get info. I'm running radio (today) with those tones and see if they go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.