Fulton County - New UHF system

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyhay

Feed Provider
I broadcast the signal on through radio reference if you have a smart phone you can download load the scanner app and listen to it there my guess your issues will be solve if and when you can purchase a new scanner. Everything is basically going digital voice

SCPD

QRT
They were doing testing today on the new frequencies. They were doing the most talking on 460.4250 and it was digital P25 audio. I didn't catch the nac code they were using. They referred to the channel once as ops4. I haven't heard anything on the other frequencies yet but I will keep listening and post updates.

SCPD

QRT
No idea what the dispatch freq. will be yet. I do know that the Sheriff is using the one freq daily now. I have heard them talking about taking prisoners back to bedford county jail and talking with 911. 453.5000 is the freq. that the Fulton County Sheriff has been using the past two days.there was a NAC code 948 that popped up. I will post any other updates.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
More testing today November 1. Heard radio maintenance testing on 453.3625 analog audio with a pl tone of 94.8 so this might be the new fire/ems dispatch frequency. Also yesterday I heard some use of 453.5375. Sounded like possibly one of the Fire Departments using it i didnt hear a whole lot on there so i couldn't identify for sure its use. It did pop up a nac code 948 the same as the Sheriff is using.. I will keep listening as i get time and post any updates.

SCPD

QRT
More testing today. They are testing 453.3625 alot and they called it dispatch. So im going to assume that is the new dispatch channel. Also they switched to 453.5375 a few times and called it OPS 2.

SCPD

QRT
Fire and EMS still using the old analog frequencies. I assume that after Jan 1, 2018 they may start using the new frequencies for fire/ems operations. The 453.5000 frequency is being used daily by the sheriff and probation. I submitted that one and it has been posted. I will be monitoring this weekend to see if they switch on Jan 1. Once I confirm frequency use I will submit them. I just wanted to post an update.

troyhay

Feed Provider
Fire and EMS still using the old analog frequencies. I assume that after Jan 1, 2018 they may start using the new frequencies for fire/ems operations. The 453.5000 frequency is being used daily by the sheriff and probation. I submitted that one and it has been posted. I will be monitoring this weekend to see if they switch on Jan 1. Once I confirm frequency use I will submit them. I just wanted to post an update.

there are usig freq.460.375 293 nac p25 for a barn fire today 1-10-2018

SCPD

QRT
there are usig freq.460.375 293 nac p25 for a barn fire today 1-10-2018
Isnt that bedford ops 2? i know i was hearing some traffic from the bedford county units on fulton fire 1. I didnt have it scanning bedford county when that was going on.

kb3ouk

Premium Subscriber
Company 55 is on a MVA on I-70 right now and just called back to dispatch saying that they are having issues with the tower on the mountain down there. Dispatch said that they already notified ComPros. Sounds like they are using the ops channels but I haven't verified if they're using the new dispatch yet, since this was all heard on the old lowband dispatch, which sounds awful right now.

kb3ouk

Premium Subscriber
I'm beginning to think now that what company 55 said must've been related to the issues I was hearing on the lowband system because they have been testing for about an hour now, the buzzing audio seems to be gone. Wonder what the holdup on getting on the UHF system is, since it sounds like the lowband system is on its last legs?

SCPD

QRT
I'm beginning to think now that what company 55 said must've been related to the issues I was hearing on the lowband system because they have been testing for about an hour now, the buzzing audio seems to be gone. Wonder what the holdup on getting on the UHF system is, since it sounds like the lowband system is on its last legs?

I've noticed that the dispatch channel has been acting up here and there too. I wasn't around to hear what you heard. I don't understand what the hold up is either changing to the new system. I think everyone has the new radios because the fire co's were testing it a few months back. I just hope our new dispatch is not going to be like bedford's dispatch channel. The multipath distortion is bad some days. I can receive their dispatch channel decently some days and other days you can barely make it out. So hopefully we don't have that problem.

I noticed that some changes were submitted to the database with some NAC and PL changed for the new frequencies i haven't been here to listen so i'm not aware that anything changed. Anyone have info on the changes?

SCPD

QRT
I'm still hearing key-ups on 453.3625 with PL 94.8. Not sure whats up with the 107.2 posted.

I'm thinking that maybe whoever submitted the information was maybe picking up another county on the frequencies and put in the info that popped up. The sheriff is still using the 948 NAC and I never saw any new ones popup. I can't imagine them programming into the radios the PL and NAC tones and then change them. Especially when I heard testing by the fire co a few months ago and they were using the 94.8 PL on the new dispatch channel and 948 NAC on the ops channel. The only traffic on the new frequencies with exception of the Sheriff and Probation has been radio testing. I also heard that they used the new ones one night when the current dispatch channel was having problems. I've been trying to confirm the info that was submitted.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've been hearing Fulton county probation & sheriff on 453.500, NAC 948 for the last couple weeks. Everyone seems to be using TG 1.

troyhay

Feed Provider
I believe I was given the wrong nac codes I’m waiting on conformation AGAIN...sorry for the screw up guys

SCPD

QRT
Today a page was sent out on the new dispatch frequency by mistake and the pl tone that popped up was 94.8.

troyhay

Feed Provider
lets start a group so we can work together getting the frequencies correct, i feel like a ***

Status
Not open for further replies.