Fulton County Public Safety Police Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
I listen to the Fulton County Public Safety P25 very often which includes a lot of departments. They use codes such as signal-34, signal-89 I know that they use codes to A. Be obscure so no one can understand, B. Be more efficient while speaking on the radio. But is there a database or list anywhere where I can find these police codes these departments use? Is there some sort of standard amongst all police departments or are they all unique and there is no way to decipher them?

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Nature codes, as they're known, are used for the purpose of brevity in radio traffic.
Nature codes vary by agency.
There isn't a publicly available list but you can figure it out by listening long enough.
Okay, that's what I figured thank you for the help.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
I will also chime in to get you started and on your feet. For example, in FulCo, “Signal 89” is just a way the dispatcher asks the unit/officer, “Is everything Ok out there on your call?” Otherwise, as the previous poster stated, experience will help you the more you listen.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
I will also chime in to get you started and on your feet. For example, in FulCo, “Signal 89” is just a way the dispatcher asks the unit/officer, “Is everything Ok out there on your call?” Otherwise, as the previous poster stated, experience will help you the more you listen.
Yeah, signal 89 is a staple when listening in I assumed it meant everything is okay since officers will go "South Fulton 221 Signal 89". Maybe Fulton County Public Safety listeners should come together with some sort of google doc or wiki and put in all the codes they have figured out and confirmed codes.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Yeah, signal 89 is a staple when listening in I assumed it meant everything is okay since officers will go "South Fulton 221 Signal 89". Maybe Fulton County Public Safety listeners should come together with some sort of google doc or wiki and put in all the codes they have figured out and confirmed codes.

Could the list at Fulton County (GA) Alpharetta and Milton Police Signals Codes and Unit Numbers - The RadioReference Wiki be it? There is plenty of dated information on that page (including the radio channel names and usage) but the signals and code list seems pretty consistent with what I understand from context in conversations on Fulton County agencies. I agree with you that "Signal 89" is a staple, and that list shows it as "Status Check" which is precisely how I hear it used.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Could the list at Fulton County (GA) Alpharetta and Milton Police Signals Codes and Unit Numbers - The RadioReference Wiki be it? There is plenty of dated information on that page (including the radio channel names and usage) but the signals and code list seems pretty consistent with what I understand from context in conversations on Fulton County agencies. I agree with you that "Signal 89" is a staple, and that list shows it as "Status Check" which is precisely how I hear it used.
It gets a bit funky when it comes to that because JCPD and others are apart of Fulton County P25 while Alpharetta, Milton, Roswell are all apart of NFRRSA. So I don't quite know if their codes and signals will match up, I could listen in and see if these codes match the context. heard an SFPD officer say "signal 41 involving a silver honda odyssey and a grey civic" and signal 41 does mean an auto accident which adds up. I will try and use these codes and see how they match.

Status
Not open for further replies.