Fulton County's TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackj

A bad fire, sounded like it destroyed a home, just outside of Delta this morning. I heard FD Dispatch (900), Wauseon, Delta and Swanton FDs on the new system this morning. The tower is also broadcasting Lucas County traffic as well. The last I had heard, the system wasn't completely ready for turn-up yet. They missed the original turn-up date, I understand that the radios were not optioned correctly. Does anyone have any further info?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Speaking of the new system - are any of the Fulton TGs being sent on the Lucas Co site?

Also - this system has been around for 4 years now... How can there still be so many TGs with users identified but no name or use? Are they that hard to figure out?

jimbolie1

Premium Subscriber
Programming Fulton County

Speaking of the new system - are any of the Fulton TGs being sent on the Lucas Co site?

Also - this system has been around for 4 years now... How can there still be so many TGs with users identified but no name or use? Are they that hard to figure out?
Would i be correct in assuming that all that needs to be done to the LCPSS is to add the 700Mz control freq and the two PD & FD TGs listed in RR to be able to hear the new system in Fulton County? Thanks

Last edited:

jackj

I have the new system entered in my 996T as a stand-alone system and set for ID Search, that way I hear all TGs broadcast by the tower. I think if you just add the 700 MHz control frequencies, all you would hear is traffic broadcast on the 700 MHz system. Your scanner can only monitor and follow one active control channel per system.

jimbolie1

Premium Subscriber
Programming problem with Fulton County system?

I have the new system entered in my 996T as a stand-alone system and set for ID Search, that way I hear all TGs broadcast by the tower. I think if you just add the 700 MHz control frequencies, all you would hear is traffic broadcast on the 700 MHz system. Your scanner can only monitor and follow one active control channel per system.
jackj...I put it in as a new system in my PRO-106 and set the system as P-25 700 MHz,is that correct? I still cannot pick up the control channel at 771.50625 from West Toledo,i am using a scantenna about 25 feet high.I have tried custom & default as trunk tables and still no luck.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

ctpd845

Feed Provider
jackj...I put it in as a new system in my PRO-106 and set the system as P-25 700 MHz,is that correct? I still cannot pick up the control channel at 771.50625 from West Toledo,i am using a scantenna about 25 feet high.I have tried custom & default as trunk tables and still no luck.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

The Fulton County System most likely is not running at full power yet. I had my Pro-106 with me last night in the Airport/Holloway area and the reception was spotty at best.

jimbolie1

Premium Subscriber
Fulton county

The Fulton County System most likely is not running at full power yet. I had my Pro-106 with me last night in the Airport/Holloway area and the reception was spotty at best.

Thank you very much...may i ask you if you programed it as a 700MHz system,or sense it is on Lucas County Public Safety would it be a 800MHz system? I have it at P-25 Auto 700MHz in my PRO-106,what trunk tables should be used with WIN500? Once again thank you.

jackj

My 996T is programed as a Mot Type II/P25, I don't have a 700 MHz option. I have programed in all of the Fulton Co. repeater frequencies as Trunked Frequencies. I know the data base here only lists the lower 2 frequencies as control channels but I programed this before RR had anything listed.

As others have said, the new Fulton Co. TRS will be a sub-system working off the Lucas Co. system's controller. But it will, for all practical purposes, be a stand-alone system with their own dispatch center and dispatchers.

I suspect that they either have the power turned down (I don't know why they would do that) or they have a problem with the 771.50625 transmitter. I'm in Delta, about 6 miles from the transmitter site. My discone antenna is up about 50 feet and side mounted on my tower using 75 feet of Belden 9913F cable. I receive the Lucas Co. CC as well as the MARCS CC at Neapolis full scale but the Fulton Co CC is one bar short of full scale.

I'm waiting until the system is turned up to find out if the Sheriff and PD traffic will be encrypted or if they will have just certain TGs encrypted. If most of the dispatch traffic is in the clear then I'm going to order a PSR-800. If it is all encrypted then I'll just stick with this 996T until it quits. I'm really not interested in listening to the OSP's and Turnpike traffic stops.

FireDawgEMT22

The way the system works is it is both a 700 and 800 system. Depending on where in the county the unit that transmits is they will be on the lucas county tower at 800 or the fulton county tower at 700. The radios have been installed in every fire and EMS piece of equipment and all portables are issued. There was a change in fleet mapping because they were using the old Lucas County fleet map and the departments decided they wanted to change it to allow each department to have their most used channels on their zone 1. The PD's and SO are in the process of getting the radios installed and programmed with the new fleet maps also.

The Dispatch Center does not have a console installed or programmed yet. They are operating with either a portable or regular base mobile unit right now. Many of the departments have gone to using the new system for traffic to dispatch though some still use the VHF for traffic and just use the new system among their own units.

The system is planned on going online probably in March, though maybe sooner. For fire and EMS they will dispatch calls on the VHF and the 700/800 system. Tones and voice on VHF, voice only on the new system. Once the tones go out all units will use Fulton Fire 2 (newly added talk group this year) to communicate with dispatch. All operations will occur on that department's talk group. So if there is a fire in Delta, they will be dispatched on Fulton Fire 1 and VHF, then go enroute and on location on Fulton Fire 2, and then once on scene all operations will occur on Delta Fire talk group.

Each department will also use one of the Ops 12-X talk groups for any additional traffic they need.

Delta Ops 12-2
Fayetter Ops 12-3
Lyons Ops 12-4
Metamora Ops 12-5
Swanton Ops 12-7
Wauseon Ops 12-8
EMS to FCHC Ops 12-9
Archbold Ops 12-10

Hope this info helps

jackj

Stupid Question #1

Bunch Snipped
So if there is a fire in Delta, they will be dispatched on Fulton Fire 1 and VHF, then go enroute and on location on Fulton Fire 2, and then once on scene all operations will occur on Delta Fire talk group.

Each department will also use one of the Ops 12-X talk groups for any additional traffic they need.

Delta Ops 12-2
Fayetter Ops 12-3
Lyons Ops 12-4
Metamora Ops 12-5
Swanton Ops 12-7
Wauseon Ops 12-8
EMS to FCHC Ops 12-9
Archbold Ops 12-10

Hope this info helps
Thanks FireDawg but my old, slow mind doesn't quite have a grip on this yet. Do you mean that Delta Fire will have a TG separate from Fulton Fire 2 and use Ops 12-2 as a TG? Or will the Delta Fire TG be Ops 12-2? Thanks.

Intellifax

Thanks FireDawg. Are you meaning Fulton Fire 2 as the 151.445 repeater, or is it another Zone 1 TG with that label?

FireDawgEMT22

Each fire dept will essentially have 2 talk groups unique to them. They will have their main TG, for instance Swanton is HEX 3468, then each dept will also have a ops 12-X TG for overflow communication, (ie structure fire, the tanker may communicate with command on 12-7 as the water supply channel, but the majority of operations will be going on on the swanton TG)

They will then use a brand spanking new TG that was created this year in the new fleet mapping, which is Fulton Fire 2 for communications with Dispatch Center.

The VHF will only be used for paging for initial dispatch. All traffic will be on the Fulton Fire 2 TG.

For run of the mill EMS runs all traffic will be on FF2 TG

The fleet maps on the radios are set up with Fulton Fire 2 as channel 1 and Fulton Fire 1 (the original Fulton Fire Dispatch TG) is channel 16. Dispatch will monitor both channels at all times, so in an emergency a crew member can turn their channel selector dial all the way to the stops in either direction and be able to talk to dispatch.

Also, in case I was not clear in the whole 700/800 thing, it will be simulcast on both sets of towers. Depending on which tower the radio is locked in on based on signal strength is which system the radio will broadcast on. The 800 system is the lucas county towers and controller and the 700 is the fulton county towers and controller, but both systems work together. So, if a unit on the far west end of the county keys up on a TG they will be using the 700 tower and controller, but a unit on the 800 tower and controller on the far east side of the county will hear them just the same.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Each fire dept will essentially have 2 talk groups unique to them. They will have their main TG, for instance Swanton is HEX 3468, then each dept will also have a ops 12-X TG for overflow communication, (ie structure fire, the tanker may communicate with command on 12-7 as the water supply channel, but the majority of operations will be going on on the swanton TG)

They will then use a brand spanking new TG that was created this year in the new fleet mapping, which is Fulton Fire 2 for communications with Dispatch Center.

The VHF will only be used for paging for initial dispatch. All traffic will be on the Fulton Fire 2 TG.

For run of the mill EMS runs all traffic will be on FF2 TG

The fleet maps on the radios are set up with Fulton Fire 2 as channel 1 and Fulton Fire 1 (the original Fulton Fire Dispatch TG) is channel 16. Dispatch will monitor both channels at all times, so in an emergency a crew member can turn their channel selector dial all the way to the stops in either direction and be able to talk to dispatch.

Also, in case I was not clear in the whole 700/800 thing, it will be simulcast on both sets of towers. Depending on which tower the radio is locked in on based on signal strength is which system the radio will broadcast on. The 800 system is the lucas county towers and controller and the 700 is the fulton county towers and controller, but both systems work together. So, if a unit on the far west end of the county keys up on a TG they will be using the 700 tower and controller, but a unit on the 800 tower and controller on the far east side of the county will hear them just the same.

There is only one site controller for both systems. The Fulton County TRS is a sub-system off the Lucas County TRS controller. This was a big money saver for Fulton County. Both systems will work together, although individual talkgroups will have to be allowed to "roam" to work on both systems.

FireDawgEMT22

In reading that I think I may have added some confusion or just didnt clarify anything.

Let me try again.

For instance

Swanton fire: Dept unique TGs : Swanton FD (HEX 3468) and OPS 12-7 (HEX 2da8)

Each dept will have these same two TG unique to their dept. One that is their main TG (Delta FD, Swanton FD, etc) and then their "overflow" TG (OPS 12-X)

Those TG will be used for on scene operations to keep all the incident radio traffic from cluttering up the dispatch channel.

Then county wide there will be 2 dispatch TG; Fulton Fire 1 (which will have the original dispatch voice) and Fulton Fire 2 (all traffic between Fire and EMS units and Dispatch)

There is also a push to refer to dispatch as "dispatch" and get rid of the 900 stuff. And instead of identifying apparatus by number the push is to identify by type of unit (Ex no more 703, 501, 804, instead Delta Engine 1, Delta Ladder 1, Swanton Engine 3, etc.)

FireDawgEMT22

There is only one site controller for both systems. The Fulton County TRS is a sub-system off the Lucas County TRS controller. This was a big money saver for Fulton County. Both systems will work together, although individual talkgroups will have to be allowed to "roam" to work on both systems.

Yes you are correct, in my speed I misspoke. Both the 700 and 800 freq's and the Fulton Co and Lucas Co towers will all work through the Lucas Co controller. Sorry.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Just picking nits here (it's one of those days)....

A fleet map is actually the way the system is set up and partitioned (it's holdover terminology from Type I systems); the way radios are set up (i.e., the channel plan) is known as a template.

:)

lobo302

Premium Subscriber
I don't hear dispatch on 154.310 anymore. What VHF channel are they using to tone and dispatch on? Thanks

JamieB215

Premium Subscriber
Hi this is my first post here and I have a question for everyone who is hearing the new 700mhz frequencies.
****What scanner are you using?!****
I bought two Uniden Bearcat BCT8 BearTracker Warning System with 800 MHz TrunkTracker III. I was under the impression that when fulton county switched over to the "800mhz" system this would pick it up. :( I was wrong. So please any help/suggestions on what scanner will actually work would be great. I have to replace the two BCT8 scanners as they were presents.

Status
Not open for further replies.