Fun with the MONIX Frequency List

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Just food for thought here...was bored and playing around all day Sunday with the Monix band plan frequency list I found online and I was absolutely amazed. Some of their listings are obsolete, but I got hits all day on all kinds of different agencies/businesses in my area - from security at Fairfield Mall to the Kroger a mile away to FRS radios and milair at WPAFB, Soin Hospital ER room, even the local Burger King down the road. I set up an analog bank of media freqs they provided and was hearing FM remote broadcasts all day long. I printed out the whole list and stuffed it in my station book for future reference. Had a good time with that list!

I am using a Maxtenna inside my office window at the top for now.I plan to permanently mount masts and antennas to the house when I can find cheap labor. Will be installing a Jet/Workman discone, a directional yagi, a 60-foot PAL end-fed shortwave longwire, and a 2m vertical when I can arrange it. Retired and disabled and I don't do ladders well these days.

Hey if there are any kind and helpful young bucks in the Fairborn/Greene County area that will affix my masts to the side of the house and drill into my office I would spring for pizza and beer :) Later, when the weather is agreeable, of course. I have it all purchased and planned out!

A link to the list if anyone is interested, I think it's been around for a long time.

http://www.monix.net/MONIX.txt

73s
JD

lucky43113

Just food for thought here...was bored and playing around all day Sunday with the Monix band plan frequency list I found online and I was absolutely amazed. Some of their listings are obsolete, but I got hits all day on all kinds of different agencies/businesses in my area - from security at Fairfield Mall to the Kroger a mile away to FRS radios and milair at WPAFB, Soin Hospital ER room, even the local Burger King down the road. I set up an analog bank of media freqs they provided and was hearing FM remote broadcasts all day long. I printed out the whole list and stuffed it in my station book for future reference. Had a good time with that list!

I am using a Maxtenna inside my office window at the top for now.I plan to permanently mount masts and antennas to the house when I can find cheap labor. Will be installing a Jet/Workman discone, a directional yagi, a 60-foot PAL end-fed shortwave longwire, and a 2m vertical when I can arrange it. Retired and disabled and I don't do ladders well these days.

Hey if there are any kind and helpful young bucks in the Fairborn/Greene County area that will affix my masts to the side of the house and drill into my office I would spring for pizza and beer :) Later, when the weather is agreeable, of course. I have it all purchased and planned out!

A link to the list if anyone is interested, I think it's been around for a long time.

http://www.monix.net/MONIX.txt

73s
JD

I'm in Pickaway county Circleville to be exact is there a list out there like that for my area ?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I would go out on a limb here and say download the list and just start playing with it. There is bound to be some active frequencies in your area, no matter where you are in Ohio. It's a comprehensive frequency list to have if you are in the tri-state area of OH/KY/IN. If you are a member here go to the FCC license list and search around with those listed in your city/county as well.

Happy Scanning!
73s
JD

Status
Not open for further replies.