Function Knob And Scrolling Between FL's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

SDS 200 new user.

I alluded to this "problem" in a previous Post a bit, but would
like to re-visit it, as I'm sure that I am, as usual, missing something. Undoubtedly that "old age" problem again.
Driving me "bats" trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Probable something very simple.

Any thoughts on, as usual, would be most appreciated.

Regarding the Function Knob:

I have a bunch of FL's and their QK's showing across the top of the display. All are Enabled.
Seems the way it should be.

But I cannot use the Function Knob to scroll from one FL to another, or even the next one.
Seems "locked" on a particular FL.
Turning the knob has no effect in trying to get to the next Enabled FL.
If I dis-able that QK, will then pick up the next one in the row.

This is true for even a QK that references a FL with next to nothing being picked up, or one that
is very far, and presumably weak. SQ adj's have no effect.

What do I have to do, please, to have the Function Knob scroll from one FL to another ?
Funny, but it used to work fine this way; I must have changed something, but can't imagine what.

*Hint: It does scroll Within the FL however. Just can't get it to scroll Between the FL's.

Thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

trunker

Sounds like you have an issue your favorites lists. The scroll control (not function knob) will only continue scanning if you are receiving, and 'Function' is activated only if you press the scroll control. The scanner will automatically go to the next enabled FL.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
While scanning, turning the function knob just changes scanning direction (notice the white arrow at top right).
If you are stopped (recv'ing) a freq, turning the knob will resume scanning.

If you use the softkeys to hold on a system / dept / channel, turning the function knob will scroll through your systems / depts. / channels.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Something appears to be amiss. When using the scroll knob, it should cycle through every channel in the scanner, or at least that's what I'm seeing. It does not go in order, however. See Scan Order in the manual.

Is there any chance you have multiple iterations of the same Favorites List in your scanner and that is throwing you off?

BOBRR

Hi,

Thanks for help.

Sounds like this might be my "problem":

How, please, do I know if the SYSTEM, DEPT., or CHANNEL
soft key has been pressed, and I am actually "Holding" on any of them ?

And, what is that "T" that sometimes appears, and disappears quickly at the very top-left of the display ?

Again, thanks for help,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.