Funding Cut too state 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyledad

Boy, do I feel stupid

All this time I thought they could use VHF to talk to other departments and it turns out they needed 800mhz to do it.

[sarcasm off]

I do like that bank of radios in the fire truck.

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
It does look like a rats nest in some trucks. I remember when I was working at MWC EMS....3 radios...GEEZ!

It's wild in the fire trucks now....I've got a VHF mobile, 800 mobile, 2-800 portable chargers and 1-VHF portable charger plus all the brush trucks now have Sigtronics intercom/headset systems with a control box and 2 headsets in each truck....there's stuff everywhere! You can only fit so much stuff on a transmission hump!

The command units have an additional UHF mobile in them too for OCSO stuff.....lol

SABRE46

We still run VHF only. Anyone we run mutual aid with that is on 800, we either swap radios with them or have a dual IC. Other plans are in the works though.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
So, I guess no 800 for us out west, again. I just hope they can keep the supply of tubes available.

Jim

red8

It does look like a rats nest in some trucks. I remember when I was working at MWC EMS....3 radios...GEEZ!

It's wild in the fire trucks now....I've got a VHF mobile, 800 mobile, 2-800 portable chargers and 1-VHF portable charger plus all the brush trucks now have Sigtronics intercom/headset systems with a control box and 2 headsets in each truck....there's stuff everywhere! You can only fit so much stuff on a transmission hump!

The command units have an additional UHF mobile in them too for OCSO stuff.....lol

sounds like a cluster you know what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.