Funniest Thing Heard On Your Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I was Listening to the Ks. Highway Patrol the other day and heard a trooper tell dispatch to " make a note in the cad. She was crying when I got to her window. I tried to console her the best I could. But I still wrote her the ticket."

That got me to wondering what's the funniest thing you have heard on your scanner. Now I'm not talking about an open mic that no one knows is open. (I have a great story for that too) I'm talking a true conversation. It can be Law Enforcement, EMS, Fire, Aircraft or any other radio transmission.
Have Fun and Happy Listening
Kevin

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Sunday mornings are usually good for funny quips here in Lake County, IL . . . it's kinda quiet so the radio traffic tends to be a little looser . . .

Deputy: My computer’s acting up, I can’t seem to log off…
Dispatcher: That’s OK, we can get you off from in here…
Deputy: Ummm, okaaay.

Deputy: 5254, a 10-38, with Illinois plate xxx yyyy…
Dispatcher: 10-4… I’ve always wanted to say this… car 54 where are you?
Deputy: Haha, sorry, Woodland and Dartmore.

Deputy: Last name is Gyszinski … common spelling…
Dispatcher: Uhh, OK

Dispatcher: A hunting complaint… in the field behind an address on Hunter’s Way…

CWR

K-9 Unit to dispatch:
I'll be out at the station for vehicle clean-up.
Shift Sgt. to K-9 Unit , Vehicle clean-up?
K-9 Officer , Yeah ,,,,, the dog didn't like the way I responded to that last call , he doesn't seem to appreciate my driving ability.

rankin39

Not a radio call, but funny. A couple of years back on the coldest morning of January some jerk abandoned 4 puppies at our farm house in the bitter cold. We couldn't adopt them, so I called the Leavenworth County sheriff to come and take them (hopefully to the humane society). A deputy arrived and loaded them all into his back seat. I asked, "won't they poop and pee all over your car?", He chuckled and answered "Yeah, but we just have the trustees at the jail clean it all up." Problem solved.

Bob, WoNXN

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

There are some good ones, in the topic linked to, by rafdav.

I will have to check, and make sure one that I heard about a year ago was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.