Funny 1060am on 959.75mHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerickk

Premium Subscriber
Title says it all. I recently got a new antenna and decided to do a full band scan and came across stand up comedy on 959.7500mHz. I listened long enough to learn it was 1060am (A local am radio station in Calgary) Does anyone know why this is coming up on this frequency? I found it interesting.

KR4BD

Title says it all. I recently got a new antenna and decided to do a full band scan and came across stand up comedy on 959.7500mHz. I listened long enough to learn it was 1060am (A local am radio station in Calgary) Does anyone know why this is coming up on this frequency? I found it interesting.

You have actually stumbled on what is known in broadcasting as an STL (Studio Transmitter Link). Many stations feed programming from their studio locations to the actual Transmitter sites via UHF radio links (STL). These signals are usually very narrowly focused by using high gain yagi (beam) antennas and are often not easy to hear UNLESS you are right in the narrow path of that STL signal. The 900 mHz spectrum is where many STLs are authorized to operate.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Further, that frequency is licensed to CFCN Broadcast House, SHEPARD, ALBERTA-CFCN AM SITE BELL MEDIA INC. (FORMERLY) ASTRAL MEDIA RADIO G.P. on the Spectrum Direct website at: Home - Spectrum Direct if you have not used that site before.

Status
Not open for further replies.