Funny Ham Radio News - Ham Hijinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5kvn

My radio club, the Noise Blankers Radio Group, decided to try something new. We started a funny ham radio news section of our website called "Ham Hijinks." We generate satirical news, silly graphics and amusing videos. It's been a good way to poke fun at ourselves, get others involved and generate some awareness of the hobby.

Check it out: Ham Hijinks - The Noise Blankers Radio Group

trace1

I thought that Twitter callsign looked familiar. This KI4OZG and I really like the idea of the fun you're having!

W2PMX

I like the writeup on the new rig. When I got to the "1.8 MHz through 550 GHz" part, I thought I'd see "each MHz sold separately" or something like that.

NS8N

Quite hilarious and thanks for sharing. I spewed beer from my nose at this one from "Ham has QSO with rare DX, or maybe not":

“Oh, I worked him without any problem. He was 5x9 into southern Louisiana. But it was a special event callsign,” says Fontenot. “And I wasn’t really expecting so many letters and numbers. Before it was all said and done, I had about 13 or 14 characters written down on my Big Chief tablet. And I know that can’t be right.”

Status
Not open for further replies.