Funny NYPD radio run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

I lost it when I listened to the audio, the guys and gals at the 67 deserve to have some fun. A really crazy and busy zone. Plus 11 year olds are really dangerous, they might throw a Star Wars action figure at you.

Darkstar350

Nice to see them making light of a situation , but does make one wonder about all these "EDP" calls lately and how legit they are - "swatting" is a thing now...

Danny37

Swatting has been an issue for the last 10 years, however it doesn't seem to be a problem in NYC compared to other cities and states.

It seems like these "child EDP" calls are coming in very often when it's just a snotty kid being a brat and poor parenting. I mean what kind of parent calls the cops on their kids because they won't go to school, the good ole days when parents used to whip out the belt are long gone.

coolrich55

The best I ever heard was a few years ago for a illegal strip club call. Everyone came on the air to respond. Even aviation. I was cracking up.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I mean what kind of parent calls the cops on their kids because they won't go to school, the good ole days when parents used to whip out the belt are long gone.

Hell, now days that'll get the cops and CPS called on you. No discipline anymore.

Danny37

Hell, now days that'll get the cops and CPS called on you. No discipline anymore.

That's a shame, I know a family friend who said their kid called the cops on his parents because they took the PlayStation away, the cop who responded told the parents they should discipline the kid for wasting their time and had a chat with the little brat.

I remember when I was kid all my father had to do was give me a look and I knew I was done for. Sad that parents can't do that anymore.

Danny37

You might be surprised how often it happens. I've heard it multiple times.

That's the thing I'm not surprised, I used to have fist fights with my brother but I never ever called the cops on him or my parents calling the cops. It was just boys being boys. We kept all our problems in house and dealt with them. It's actually embrassing when I think about it, like calling the cops because my brother won't let me watch TV or something. That's a parents job, not a cops job.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Swatting has been an issue for the last 10 years, however it doesn't seem to be a problem in NYC compared to other cities and states.

It seems like these "child EDP" calls are coming in very often when it's just a snotty kid being a brat and poor parenting. I mean what kind of parent calls the cops on their kids because they won't go to school, the good ole days when parents used to whip out the belt are long gone.

My wife works in the Bronx. I was dropping her off to work one day and I brought my radio with me just to listen. The amount of child EDP calls in the morning around time to go to school was insane. This was just monitoring the Bronx....

Danny37

What's the dispatcher saying at the 5-second mark? Rah-vuh-lahv? She says it again at 39 seconds.

It's Ebonics, but seriously she's saying "Arrive Alive" part of the NYPD arrive alive program which mandates dispatchers to say it when officers are responding to a priority incident.

htqueensbury

Fascinating! Thanks :D

Does that have anything to do with when dispatchers warn that intersections are threats, protect yourself and others, etc.?

Danny37

Fascinating! Thanks :D

Does that have anything to do with when dispatchers warn that intersections are threats, protect yourself and others, etc.?

Yup, that message is apart of the arrive alive program. I believe dispatchers are supposed to say it atleast once during every rotation but now they have other messages that need to be read out so they read them at random now. Usually you'll hear it refered as "message of the day"

ff026

Feed Provider
There is no arive alive program. It’s part of the Mayors Vision Zero Initiative.

ff026

Feed Provider
It’s just a slogan on a poster that’s been around for almost 20 years. It’s even on the lockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.