Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Yes they were mostly getting off the exit and getting back on the wrong way. They should have known if the cross bars were up then it was not closed.
Most GPS doesn't work off google. The apps for smartphones do but GPS itself and most dedicated units have no connection to that.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
I was scanning through the 5 49 mhz channel frequencies while walking through town after finishing up a 902-928 MHz run and caught a really strong signal. It was fairly strong and must've been coming from the neighborhood off the side of me on 49.845. I heard a lot of odd sounds sorta off in the background like it was the next room over. I couldn't make out make out what it was at first but then followed a grunt and a loud bowl echo fart with splashing. I then knew what was going on. :poop:
burrito_1f32f.png

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
"RP reported a male accosted her husband by pushing into him and making humping gestures in the air in his direction" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Classic Walmart. This the absurdity I love to listen and shop there for.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Either someone wasn't paying the bills at the rental store or someone was furnishing their new pad.
Dispatcher said " Their TV, entertainment center and couch are missing."

mws72

Premium Subscriber
"RP reported a male accosted her husband by pushing into him and making humping gestures in the air in his direction" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Classic Walmart. This the absurdity I love to listen and shop there for.

had to read it twice before I caught on. It's like the dispatcher who said "The husband's boyfriend" twice then corrected herself "her boyfriend".

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
An officer was cracking up really hard as he requested dispatch to run a second name, at first I was like WTF then I heard spell out some exotic stripper lady sounding name and proceeded to advice "the suspect is in fact a male". There was no dispatch call just the ID check and no vehicle so I guess it was a prostitution stop or something. Given the reaction I imagine the fellow was dressed quite ridiculously like a RuPaul contestant.

You almost couldn't understand what he was saying because he was laughing so hard. I really need to get a second TRX-1 now that the first is full time monitoring for wildcards and new systems to record, as much as I love my WS1040 the lack of recording is killing me lately. So much hilarious transmissions into the ether.

Back in the 90s I had an old scanner that picked up the early cellphone and wireless phone signals. I would never condone that kind of behavior now but I was a dumb teenager so please don't get mad.

I wouldn't pick up much in my area besides the crazy paranoid neighbor next door. She would call this poor lady across the way and basically unload on her but what had me laughing was how she believed she was being watched by the government and "knew" that they were listening in on her. If only she knew, lol.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Some kids are really happy for an early Christmas present.

Dispatch: Need a unit to respond to XXX, caller states they have a pony in their front yard.
Lmao did it get loose from whoever bought it?

These nights I been hearing calls of cattle getting loose lately. Are the cows finally coming home?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
PG rated. This really happened to me.

Back in the mid 70s, I was working at the local sheriff's department. We went to an address to confiscate a boat and car to satisfy a judgment. The boat was no problem, however the subject of the judgement said the car, a Mercedes, wasn't his so we decided to run the tag. I called the dispatcher and gave her the tag number. (I still remember it but since it's still a valid number, it won't be mentioned here.) Anyway, I waited 3 or 4 minutes with no response from the dispatcher. I radioed back and the dispatcher said, "I have it but I can't put it on the air." Thinking it might be a well-known individual, I told her we had to have it to help determine ownership..

"Okay, but I'll spell it. H-U-N-G D-O-N-G." I broke up and couldn't respond. After a minute, I finally confirmed the information but I was still laughing. I never got to meet the Chinese gentleman but we left the car.

Later on, when a new dispatcher was on the radio, we would call in the tag.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I was scanning through the 5 49 mhz channel frequencies while walking through town after finishing up a 902-928 MHz run and caught a really strong signal. It was fairly strong and must've been coming from the neighborhood off the side of me on 49.845. I heard a lot of odd sounds sorta off in the background like it was the next room over. I couldn't make out make out what it was at first but then followed a grunt and a loud bowl echo fart with splashing. I then knew what was going on. :poop:
burrito_1f32f.png

For some odd reason I had the sense of deja vu after cracking up at your post, as I have witnessed more than a few amplified grunts and groans in truck stop restrooms during my trucking career. I always have this stupid memory one time this guy next to me was talking to his wife and attempting to relieve himself and he was like "ok, honey, I will, I'll take care - errrruuuuuummmahhhh - I'l take care of that when I get home. Yeah, I already - uuuuhhhhheerrrrrrrummmm - made that payment, so I'll - aaaarrrggghhhh -" well,. you get the picture. I was laughing so darn hard, it was probably a good thing I was on the throne! lol what added to the humor was that each time he let one go and grunted she would call out his name "Robert that is nasty, don't do this while you're on the phone with me. That ain't right." She had a little something different to say after each of his explosions.

Oh, us humans, we are a humorous species. ;)

Sorry that I contributed a non-scanner post. but at the mention of the guy on the phone got me going (and laughing) and I just had to tell that story. Excusim moi.

JD
kf4anc

mws72

Premium Subscriber
PG rated. This really happened to me.

Back in the mid 70s, I was working at the local sheriff's department. We went to an address to confiscate a boat and car to satisfy a judgment. The boat was no problem, however the subject of the judgement said the car, a Mercedes, wasn't his so we decided to run the tag. I called the dispatcher and gave her the tag number. (I still remember it but since it's still a valid number, it won't be mentioned here.) Anyway, I waited 3 or 4 minutes with no response from the dispatcher. I radioed back and the dispatcher said, "I have it but I can't put it on the air." Thinking it might be a well-known individual, I told her we had to have it to help determine ownership..

"Okay, but I'll spell it. H-U-N-G D-O-N-G." I broke up and couldn't respond. After a minute, I finally confirmed the information but I was still laughing. I never got to meet the Chinese gentleman but we left the car.

Later on, when a new dispatcher was on the radio, we would call in the tag.

That sounds in a way what Chicago Police would do with new dispatchers. Stolen car report owner is I.P. Freely and the address was Wrigley Field.

bobmich52

Just heard over Hartford ct fd/ pd

fd call 4 a seizure @ a motel on the 2nd flr

fd calls 4 pd assistance

it was not a seizure, it was a edp that took off his prosthetic leg & threw it out the window from his 2nd story room

mpd ldispatcher had a hard time

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Just heard over Hartford ct fd/ pd

fd call 4 a seizure @ a motel on the 2nd flr

fd calls 4 pd assistance

it was not a seizure, it was a edp that took off his prosthetic leg & threw it out the window from his 2nd story room

mpd ldispatcher had a hard time
The caller should have given the dispatcher a leg up so the personnel could properly respond.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
I heard a funny thud on my scanner as I accidentally dropped it for the first time:eek:. I got to be careful with this swivel clip mounting case I got for it off the scanner master. :cry:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I heard a funny thud on my scanner as I accidentally dropped it for the first time:eek:. I got to be careful with this swivel clip mounting case I got for it off the scanner master. :cry:
Well at least it was a thud and not a shatter, (y)

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Well at least it was a thud and not a shatter, (y)
Yeah at least I know the case does it job well. Seems to be no physical damage, hopefully the insides are fine from the impact shock. Thing still looks mint and there's not a scuff on the case clear plastic protector. +1 for the case.

At 11:30am today I heard an officer with Northampton PA police tell all officers to pay attention for a special announcement. Sorry, I was listening on a handheld scanner and didn't record or write it down verbatim but this is the gyst:

After a moment the speaker explained that after 47 years of service (6 as chief), Northampton Police Chief Michael Clark would be signing off for his retirement. Then dispatch announced Chief Clark, who came on the radio, gave thanks to everyone and signed off. He had been chief since 2013.

Here is an article for anyone interested: Northampton police chief says goodbye after 47 years

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
At 11:30am today I heard an officer with Northampton PA police tell all officers to pay attention for a special announcement. Sorry, I was listening on a handheld scanner and didn't record or write it down verbatim but this is the gyst:

After a moment the speaker explained that after 47 years of service (6 as chief), Northampton Police Chief Michael Clark would be signing off for his retirement. Then dispatch announced Chief Clark, who came on the radio, gave thanks to everyone and signed off. He had been chief since 2013.

Here is an article for anyone interested: Northampton police chief says goodbye after 47 years

Cool I saw a video like that on youtube where state trooper did similar.