Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Dispatch to officer: Respond to 68xx S. Springfield; report of vicious animal. Caller states that a racoon fell through her ceiling and has made itself comfortable on her living room couch.

Officer: Did you advise her to call animal control?

Dispatch: 10-4. Caller says animal control will be two to three hours before they can get there. She would like it removed immediately.

Officer (with a chuckle in her voice): Well, I suppose I could arrest it for trespassing.

Dispatch (with a chuckle as well): 10-4. I told her there was really nothing we could do, but she wants to speak with an officer anyway.

Officer: 10-4

I never did hear the officer report back once she arrived on the scene.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Dispatcher: "Lab West to RNC-###."

Officer: "RNC-###."

Dispatcher: "Respond to the (Last name) homestead at #### on the TLH, Kilometre 28. RP states there is an aggressive beaver trapped in his outhouse and he is too intoxicated to remove it."

(Silence)

Dispatcher: "RNC-###, copy Lab West?"

Officer: While breathing heavily from, and still laughing... "RNC-### copies...unfortunately..."

#OnlyInCanada

N4DJC

Dispatch: complainant says her neighbor took her dog, gave it a haircut. Now it’s gapped up.

Silence

Okay (unit) responding.

Dispatch: she’s really mad about it.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch: Respond to (Address), caller complaining of a moose on her front lawn. 9-1-1 caller is upset it's eating her dead plants. When I asked how that was a police problem was she became irate.

Officer: So much for dinner, responding...

Dispatcher: That's why we have microwaves.

gooniorjr

Premium Subscriber
The PD close to work were in foot pursuit of a suspect (can't remember why at this time, usually theft). Next thing I heard was "F***ing stop or I'll taze you MotherF***er." He was eventually taken into custody.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
A little more recently, Illinois State Police Dist 2 put out an alert for a male black driving East on I90 "pleasuring himself". In all the years I've been listening I've NEVER heard anything like that!
I've heard similar, normally its dispatched as "indecent exposure." Oftentimes with 2 subjects involved...

Ive heard from truckers also, you'd be surprised what you can see looking down driving...

Mercator

Forty plus years ago I bought my son a 4 crystal scanner. We sat down at the dining room table, plugged in the crystals, turned on the scanner and after a long period of silence a loud bit of static . . . and the very first transmission was the sheriff giving my kid brother a speeding ticket!

wtp

"change of status on a signal 7" (dead person).
i actually hear that more than you would think. no, not the return thing, just the change of status.

air-scan

I hear a cop whisper to another cop on the local APCO P25 PIi system, "You're in the wrong lane!"

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Police Dispatcher: "101, 103. Respond to 500 Vanier Ave, Tim Hortons. Employee is reporting smoke from a malfunctioning fryer. Fire was notified".

103: "103 responding Code 3"

101: "101 responding Code 3"

RNC-1020: "Constable 1020 going Code 3"

RCMP-902: "RCMP copies, 902 and 915 going Code 3"

100: "Police Chief 100 responding from home Code 3"

For those who don't understand why this is funny...Tim Hortons is a donut shop up here. And literally every cop on duty went, including those not dispatched, including the Chief of Police on his day off.........

CrabbyMilton

Once long ago there was a very slow period at the airport. One of the officers wanted to test his radio with a test count. "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10.
Can I put my shoes back on now?"..."Only if you can find someone to tie them."

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
I have a recording somewhere of this ,

A local polair chopper was responding to a call re something that looked like a shiny parachute in a tree , after a few mins they reported back via radio , ahh VKG this is polair , go ahead , the shiny object is a large party balloon with Elsa from Frozen on it , please repeat , a elsa frozen silver balloon lol

CrabbyMilton

One time the county transit system was testing some new radios on buses. One of the testers came on without identifying himself. He just came on in a real whiney tone to the effect...Nobody is answering how can I know that this thing is working. The dispatcher told us to call in...
Then the dispatcher came on..."Whoever is calling dispatch stop crying and identify yourself."

ScubaJungle

There was an Indian man doing radio checks on what I believe are brush fire TG's which they were testing for fire season, and this guy goes off rattling off a bunch of stuff that sounded like gibberish with his thick Indian accent.
The person who responded (I believe a fire chief or battalion leader), with the most sarcastic tone, goes, "Yeah, copy, loouud and clear"
Its hard to convey through text, but the whole thing was hilarious