Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

spacellamaman

well memorial day weekend was hopping in the uwharrie national forest, and everyone had FRS Ch1 as the primary mode of communication. a boyfriend/girlfriend exchange with Barney Fife implications:

male: "..well, be careful.."

female: "but what if i don't wanna?"

male: (in a slow, deliberate tone)

"be careful,

cause i only have enough ammunition,

for just,

one,

snake..."

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
maybe nor funny or odd but still remember listening LAPD on my Pro-34** on April 29th 1992 and heard the Dispatchers say " Do not respond " specially to the corner of Florence and Normandie in South Central LA (Like it was known back then) now its South L.A

** LAPD was Conventional Analog in 1992

bobmich52

Yesterday in Hartford ct

ShotSpotter call in south end, PD finds victim got ventilated 7 times (DOA)

The interesting part is that the perp took off in car( I caught the pursuit beginning 2 end) heads into Wethersfield & Newington & Then doubles back into Hartford 2 guess where??

The original crime sceneo_O

The cops were amazed

this perp has a PHD in stupid

bobmich52

Got air conditioned, Got free air conditioning, caught lead poisoning, able 2 breath out of more than the normal biological god given openings

I'm open 2 more suggestions

FYI

They is still looking 4 one of them

Reconrider

Yesterday in Hartford ct

ShotSpotter call in south end, PD finds victim got ventilated 7 times (DOA)

The interesting part is that the perp took off in car( I caught the pursuit beginning 2 end) heads into Wethersfield & Newington & Then doubles back into Hartford 2 guess where??

The original crime sceneo_O

The cops were amazed

this perp has a PHD in stupid
What time was this at? I was at work when it happened but I want to go into the archives and listen to it lol

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Back in the mid 1980s, I lived relatively close to a major street in a large city. I got bored with the routine public safety radio traffic and one day I began scanning through some UHF frequencies looking for something different.

One fairly active channel popped up during business hours and there were a lot of derogatory comments about the customers between employees on an itinerant UHF frequency. Comments about ugly clothing, bad credit, lack of personal hygiene, taste in autos, ageism, sexism, and every other kind of derogatory comment possible. After borrowing a portable scanner and riding my bike around the area while listening, I discovered that it was a prominent auto dealer whose management and sales people who weren't as fond of their customers as their ads claimed and chose to talk about it on a clear frequency.

It was rather interesting and some of the comments were as brutal as anything Andrew Dice Clay would blurt out during his heyday.

CrabbyMilton

I would imagine that would be the case with just about every business. I would guess that there is much salty language over DISNEYLAND radio's given how they have to put on a happy face even for the nasty people who visit.

zealibib

Premium Subscriber
Just heard on Greenville County (SC) Sheriff tac 1
first unit : "The Spinx (gas station) up there is one of the top restaurants in the area."
second unit: "yeah, there sure ain't too many places to wine and dine up here"

FWIW Spinx does have some good fried chicken lol

CrabbyMilton

Some years ago, I heard the news director talking to a remote unit after a morning newscast report talking about a sporting event to take place later that day. A young lady being interviewed about it said that it will take place at 2:00pm in ABC. The director said afterward to the effect... Good job but tell her not to mention the rival network next time being that the station is a FOX O&O station.

wbswetnam

Just heard on a local sheriff's dispatch channel: "Can you be en route to (address) and speak with a (name) about her missing husband? She hasn't heard from him since December." Huh??? Hello! This is mid-June... it doesn't sound like a real close marriage.