Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Heard this call several years back.

The dispatcher said several people were reporting they saw a topless bloody woman carrying a knife in the cemetery.

Several officers responded very quickly to the cemetery and setup a perimeter.

Even though the officers arrived quickly and checked the area. The topless bloody woman carrying a knife in the cemetery was never located.

Cognomen

Snow day today.

Police channel
Dispatch: Dark-colored sedan was goofing off in the parking lot, and rolled over.
Officer: D'OH!

Hwys channel
Plow truck: I think my dog weighs more than this plow.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I guess one of the city units was undercover with civilian plates. Apparantly county was suspicious before doing a traffic stop

County Sheriff - Can I get rolling data on XYZ1234

Dispatch - Car is a black 2020 Ford Explorer registered to the xxx City Police Department

DOH!

Cognomen

Highways Dept snow plows:

Driver: (sounding frustrated) "I'm heading back to the yard. This frigging truck keeps going into neutral every second, and I'm about to light it on fire."

A couple minutes later, another driver complained about his truck.

Third driver: "Put them together and light them both on fire, one match."

CrabbyMilton

More general funny stuff are the snow removal crews at the airport. "Hey John, look out for that plane coming up behind you!!" "14 your broom isn't touching the ground." "I told you guys to move that snow to the south!"

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Dispatch: Paul 7, xxxx Leland Ave; this is a recall for a loud music complaint.

Officer: Copy. Figured we'd be getting another call about this. Homeowner was being belligerent and said he was going to turn the music right back up after I left last time.

Dispatch: 10-4. Should I get you another unit?

Officer: Negative, I can handle him.

You go Mr. Police officer sir! :D

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
JUST HEARD: On the Local TG for the VAMC ER... Admissions Nurse: "Did you say he took Acid Water mixed with Cocaine Medic?" Ambulance en route: "That is correct VA, he states he took acid water mixed with cocaine." Nurse: "Does he know where we could get some of that? Kidding, I'm just kidding, whoever is listening, I am just kidding!" Ambulance: "HAHAHA! We will see you in just a few"

screenersam

I hate motrbro
SPIRITS/GHOSTS IN A HOUSE
Withheld location - Salisbury, MD
-Wicomico County Sheriff’s Deputies have been dispatched to the location in reference to a lady that has spirits in her house. She originally had a knife to fight off the spirits but they've convinced her into placing the knife on a table. Deputies are enroute to look for the spirits???
Update: Wicomico County Deputies have cleared the call and advised that the spirits "have been eradicated"

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
SPIRITS/GHOSTS IN A HOUSE
Withheld location - Salisbury, MD
-Wicomico County Sheriff’s Deputies have been dispatched to the location in reference to a lady that has spirits in her house. She originally had a knife to fight off the spirits but they've convinced her into placing the knife on a table. Deputies are enroute to look for the spirits???
Update: Wicomico County Deputies have cleared the call and advised that the spirits "have been eradicated"

The Sheriff's deputies probably had to pour the spirits out...

Last night right after 11 pm, Everything gets quiet in and around the house, everyone had gone to sleep, I heard a loud THUMP! I went to the window to see if I could see anything that would have made a loud thump, didn't see anything. Sat back down at my radios and computer and the local sheriff's frequency came on the scanner.
B-xx to dispatch.
Go ahead, B-xx...
Dispatch, start me a CAD, I just hit a deer on the 100 block of X X Road.
(Thats less than 1/2 mile from my house)

WoodenEarth

PD Dispatch: Unit X, Got a 911 call from a 97 yo elderly female, at XXX rehab. Says she's been trying to call her daughter, needs help.
Unit X: Copy

(delay)

PD Dispatch: Unit X, 911 caller states that she's been trying to reach her daughter. Says she wants her to bring her some ice cream.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Dispatch: Paul 2, xxxx 175th. 9-1-1 hang-up. Caller was whispering that someone has broken into his home and is threatening to kill him. Caller stated that he is hiding in a closet.

Officer: 10-4. Central, could you check to see if we've received calls from this address before? It sounds familiar.

Dispatch (after a few seconds pause): Affirmative. We received one call last night, two the night before and two calls last week. Same number, same address.

Officer: 10-4. That's what I thought. Sounds like he's off his meds again. I'm enroute.

:eek:

picscan

Premium Subscriber
I have several recorded and saved

1 Heard a call to police about a noisy neighbor, "couple is making their baby laugh too loud"
2 Sheriff called because of an "eight year olds were wrestling"
3 Sheriff called because a neighbor had a sign pointing at her house sayin "she stinks"
4 Man carrying dead body on bicycle, turns out it was a sleeping bag filled with his stuff.
5 Guy in a Maserti held up a grocery for paper towels then came back to do it again and was caught.