Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

lemoncurry69

There is an apartment complex near me that used to let the county officers make use of an unoccupied apartment in exchange for extra patrols. They would go there and eat, use the bathroom, etc. One night on their simplex channel one of them complained there was no toilet paper in the apartment. Another replied "Well... can't you just drag your butt on the carpet like a dog does?"

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
Police dispatch: "Somebody stole the fire apparatus while they were working at the scene."
That happen here many years ago. Local PD caught up with the engine and came up on the countywide pursuit channel. I'm in pursuit of the stolen fire truck. We are at a breakneck speed of 15Mph. Driver is have difficulty keeping control.
They later used spike strips to flatten a front tire. One in custody.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Must have been a long, crazy night for this officer and he finally reached his breaking point...

Dispatch: caller states that there's a half naked white male sitting in his backyard making animal noises. Possibly high on drugs.

Officer" Ya think!?
I wonder if they were (meant to be) mating calls?

Cognomen

Fire dept was dispatched to a call of a person unconscious in a black Pathfinder.

Engine 1: Dispatch, Engine 1 at scene.

Engine 1, almost immediately: Dispatch, I need the RCMP here code 3!!

Dispatch: Engine 1, roger, RCMP code 3. Nature of call?

Engine 1: Dispatch, Engine 1, it's for a hit and run.

Dispatch: Engine 1, roger, was there a witness, and do you have a plate number?

Engine 1: Dispatch, Engine 1, yes there's a witness, and the plate is ______, a black Pathfinder.

Dispatch: Engine 1, roger, do you require an ambulance for the victim?

Engine 1: Dispatch, Engine 1, negative, no ambulance required. This was the black Pathfinder from the original call. The driver woke up and fled, hitting the other vehicle as he was leaving.

Dispatch: Engine 1, roger, do you have description of the struck vehicle?

Engine 1: Dispatch, Engine 1, yes... it was Engine 1.

Firefighter on a different call: Is that the NEW Engine 1?

Engine 1: Roger that, front bumper, minor damage.

(It sounded like he REALLY didn't want to admit that! lol)