Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Just heard.....

Paramedics dispatched, via automated system, to local police station for a "fall victim"

Human dispatcher just seconds later for same location (same unit number)...."suspect jumped off the bed and sprained his ankle."

That sounds more like stupidity than a "fall."

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Town Security -

"Hey ahhh Jack, are you ahhhh where are you right now?"

"I'm at corner of xxxxx, what do you need?"

"Ahhh I'm over here at xxxx putting out cones for the fallen tree and uhhh ahhh I locked myself out of my unit, ahhhh can you go to the office and find the spare keys"

"I'll go to the office and look but I don't know where they are"

joshellis625

911 Dispatcher
Local town in Georgia, PD Tac:
Officer 1: "I bet you $5 you won't jump that bank."
Officer 2: "Yeah I thought about it..."

Same department Tac, one officer was patrolling in a big resort-type property:
Officer 1: "I'm lost back here... I'm just driving around trying to find the exit... There's this guy watching me and he's probably thinking, 'Look at this cop, he's got dementia or something.'"
Officer 2 later on: "You ever get your [dementia'd] self outta there?"
Officer 1: "Yeah... that place is huge"

SAME department...
A 10-80 (car chase) came through their 5 mile stretch of interstate and they assisted (followed) but didn't actually do anything.
Officer 1: "So, should I do a chase report on that 10-80 or should we just keep that between you and me?"
Officer 2: "Course you gotta do a report"
Officer 1: "Okay..."

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Heard during the night....

Police were dispatched to a local residence. Caller stated that her 12 year old son was threatening her with a pocket knife and a "can of hairspray." The dispatcher put an emphasis on 'can of hairspray' like she was having trouble believing it. Never did hear any "follow-up" to that call.

Now I know things have changed a lot since I was a lad of twelve, some 40+ years ago, but if I tried a stunt like that, my mom (and probably my dad too) would have spanked the ever-lovin' snot out of me. Police would not have been needed.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Heard during the night....

Police were dispatched to a local residence. Caller stated that her 12 year old son was threatening her with a pocket knife and a "can of hairspray." The dispatcher put an emphasis on 'can of hairspray' like she was having trouble believing it. Never did hear any "follow-up" to that call.

Now I know things have changed a lot since I was a lad of twelve, some 40+ years ago, but if I tried a stunt like that, my mom (and probably my dad too) would have spanked the ever-lovin' snot out of me. Police would not have been needed.
I hear a lot of calls, involving 9 to 12 year olds, that the parents are probably calling the cops, so there is no abuse allegation made.

Cognomen

Commercial vehicle inspectors' ch

Officer, out on the freeway: I'm out with ______ (gives a trailer plate). I'll give you the power unit plate when I can see it.

Officer: He's taken off on me! (the inspectors drive pickups and SUV's)

About 15 mins later, presumably in a pullout at the side of the freeway...

Officer: I'll be on this one for a while. What time are you on 'til, girl?

Dispatcher: I'm on until 10. (it's 6pm now)

Officer: I'll be a couple hours.

(I don't know where the semi-driver thought he was going to go. But now he's getting a "special" inspection. lol)

GB46

Back in the 1980s I overheard the following exchange between police headquarters and an officer who was responding to a complaint of some pigs that had escaped from a farm and were blocking the highway. When the officer was asked for his location, he replied "I'm out with the pigs on the ________ Highway."

(location name omitted for obvious reasons)