Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Heard years ago, smaller town PD;

(Officer 1) "You fellas need to stay on side of the road if ya wanna play, don't want y'all to get hit")

(Officer 2) "Yea, you're not on the PA, but I'll heed you're warning"

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Wow, this thread has been going since 2003?! 😂 One time I heard a snow plow operator getting absolutely REAMED by his supervisor for messing up his job, laced with explicatives that I can't post here. I felt bad for the guy but the situation was unexpected making it rather amusing

BobInABox

Was down in Greenville, SC this weekend and heard the following:
Sheriff Sargent: Dispatch, send a unit to <address> Waffle House for a welfare check
Dispatch: 10-4, anybody particular to contact there?
Sheriff Sargent: Negative, all lights are off and a few cars in the parking lot
Dispatch: 10-4

Now anybody living in the south knows the Waffle House theory... They are open 24/7/365, if one is closed you better leave the area and FAST!

Reconrider

Sheriff Sargent: Dispatch, send a unit to <address> Waffle House for a welfare check

Now anybody living in the south knows the Waffle House theory... They are open 24/7/365, if one is closed you better leave the area and FAST!
Can confirm, I lived about an hour from greenville at once point in life and boy people LOVE waffle house.
Anything NC and below people go nuts over waffle house

kb4mdz

Waffle Houses must be portals to The Weird Dimensions. Dec. 2017 in Raleigh we had a 13 mile car chase of a love triangle; ended at a Waffle House. Chaser was the cuckold husband, he shot & killed the other guy, wounded his own wife. This WH was within sight of our 911 center. Oh, and suspect later shot himself. Just so very very weird.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Police "Event Ops" Channel:

Dispatcher: Any units working the vaccination site on this channel?

Officer: Unit <number> go ahead.

Dispatcher: We're getting a lot of reports of vehicles parking in handicapped parking but not displaying placards. Do you want to handle it or should we dispatch a patrol unit?

Officer: 10-4, we'll handle it.

(Our vaccination site is a former department store at the local shopping mall}

And as I am typing this, it continued:

Officer: Unit <number> to dispatch.

Dispatcher: Go ahead.

Officer: Checked all handicapped spaces and the vehicles all have valid handicap tags or placards. One placard was not hanging from the mirror but was laying visible on the dash.

Dispatcher: Received, we'll close this call out.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch reporting general call about citizen complaint on highway.

SE GA deputy (if you know the area, they are big on speeding on 95): Red Mustang going 100? *Made my day tone* Ill be in enroute.
Dispatch: *laughing* I figured YOU would be.

not sure who that deputy was, but he was one of the stragglers calling enroute for this.

JeremyG760

Premium Subscriber
"RP is saying the boat broke loose from the dock lines. RP stating they retied the dock lines, however there is an electrical pad that broke off that is laying with exposed wires... We don't speak boat, that's the best we got."

wbswetnam

This isn't funny, it's sad... Heard this morning on the statewide trauma channel:

"Traumacomm, we have a 70 year old male with flash burns to the face, as a result of smoking while wearing oxygen."

Nicotine is so highly addictive! Even though this man was on home oxygen, he couldn't fight the compulsion to light one up.
Please, if you smoke, quit today.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
This isn't funny, it's sad... Heard this morning on the statewide trauma channel:

"Traumacomm, we have a 70 year old male with flash burns to the face, as a result of smoking while wearing oxygen."

Nicotine is so highly addictive! Even though this man was on home oxygen, he couldn't fight the compulsion to light one up.
Please, if you smoke, quit today.
Been to a fire at a hospital, after a guy lit up in his hospital bed. I never heard if he made it. Sure was a challenge to de-smoke a ward.