Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

Osprey1163

Premium Subscriber
Back in the early 80's I ran with the local volunteer rescue squad. Late one night the sound of "adult activities" starts broadcasting all over the county F&R frequency. You see, back then the county would put a radio in the POV of the Chief & Asst. Chief of each department. Turns out it was OUR chief reliving the days of his youth in his car and keying the mike with some part of his body the whole time. He didn't get fired.....we were all volunteers.....but he never heard the end of it!

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch: The RP said he had a microchip shoved up his nose by his doctor and wants to file a lawsuit.

The officer acknowledged the call with a chuckle.

CrabbyMilton

One that I heard that wasn't funny but very telling of some people. A school bus driver called in reporting that a kid just got hit by a car and needed medical attention and to hurry. Another driver comes on and says to the effect, let her die. These kids do nothing but cause us aggravation anyway.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
One that I heard that wasn't funny but very telling of some people. A school bus driver called in reporting that a kid just got hit by a car and needed medical attention and to hurry. Another driver comes on and says to the effect, let her die. These kids do nothing but cause us aggravation anyway.
I'm willing to bet #2 driver didn't finish the shift that day.

CrabbyMilton

At the time, this particular school bus operator didn't have ID's on their radios so it was every foul word almost every transmission day after day by the same drivers. So i doubt anything happened to the jerk driver and frankly, they didn't care if they got fired.

CrabbyMilton

Another one from this same company but funny. One female driver broke down and was givng her location. She said she was at such and such and the shop will find me. Some other female comes on... With her fat a.., how can they possibly miss? "Why don't you say it to my face"?
I would but you're ugly and you stink with some other back and forth then some other drivers joining in. Kids get to hear all this too.

kb4mdz

Another one from this same company but funny. One female driver broke down and was givng her location. She said she was at such and such and the shop will find me. Some other female comes on... With her fat a.., how can they possibly miss? "Why don't you say it to my face"?

Oy, that would merit some in-office counseling in my book. But, I've never worked in a situation like that with people like that. Did however, see MDC1200 ID's enabled when a city rejiggered all frequencies. Sure enough, one day one of the trash trucks was broadcasting the goodtimes radio, making rude comments. My co-worker came on the channel & let him know it was illegal, against muni policy, and that we knew exactly which truck. Shift supervisor came on air and said "Thank you, Radio Shop!!' Yes, one guy got counselled.

CrabbyMilton

It would have to be in the 6 figure for me to do it. Hearing all of the crap and bad behavior on those buses thanks to the scanner is enough for me not to do it. Then what goes on in the schools themselves...

bobmich52

Heard today in Hartford Pd in ct

officer dispatched to a concerned homeowner

he wanted a officer to respond to determine if the bones he found in his yard were human or not

OpenCarrier

During traffic stop the other day the officers partner thru the radio: Woof wofff bark bark woff woof wooff rugh yrup! I guess we know why they were stopped...

Reconrider

Heard today in Hartford Pd in ct

officer dispatched to a concerned homeowner

he wanted a officer to respond to determine if the bones he found in his yard were human or not
It's Hartford PD, no calls surprise me lmao.

CrabbyMilton

For several decades I've been taking the scanner to watch and listen to the air and ground traffic at the observation lot. One time a pilot that just landed joined the taxiway per instructions but then about a minute later rejoined the runway. The ATC very sharply told him to get off the runway.
The pilot apologized but said that he's not familiar with the airport. To which the ATC said to the effect that he can appreciate not being familiar with an airport but you never join an active runway with getting permission first.