Future DSD+ update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if in the next update to DSD+ that when recording the audio to file that the talkgroup and id is captured to the audio file so when you play back the audio file you can see what talkgroup and id are associated with the audio, don't know if it can be done or not, thank you.
Steve

racingfan360

DSD+ already does this for P25 decodes: it displays NAC, TG, RID etc. But you need to use a player such as VLC Media player to display the associated .srt metadata.

Jim

br0adband

VLC or MPC-HC can do it (display the additional info if needed) - just make sure the srt file which contains the info is in the same folder or you'll have to go browsing for it.

VLC

MPC-HC

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups and id's

I know it does this for p25 but it does not do this for DMR, connect plus or capacity plus systems, sorry I should have been more specific Steve.

racingfan360

Ok that's where I got confused by your question: a Talkgroup in DMR parlance if a Group.

The closest i think you'll get is to use DMRDecode in parallel (as it does show this information) and if necessary configure the file-naming convention you use for the wav file recording / DSD+ log file to include a timestamp, to allow you to do a manual retrospective lookup of the info you're after. I guess there might be some clever way of scripting a merge between the relevant logfile info from DMRDecode and getting this to write maybe to the .srt file for the wav recording (and befoe you ask, no I haven't a clue how to actually do this)

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.