Future of OKC radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Encryption testing has started or at least this is the first day I have noticed encryption calls.

S

simpilo

Encryption testing has started or at least this is the first day I have noticed encryption calls.
yup on TGID 64001. We're getting closer to cutover. I just hope the zoning people got it sorted out to build that tower!

S

simpilo

Location 4 is what the City needs built. 14000 block of HOGBACK ROAD in Luther. OKC FD Station 4. There are towers standing already. I think they want to replace it. I hope someone is able to casually drive by there to see if anything is being built then report it here. They are waiting on a waiver and time is running out. I hope they go ahead and do the cut-over then just add the tower site when it's ready.

S

simpilo

The test system is so quiet you can hear a mouse speak in a abandoned building in Luther!

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
So it *looks like* that the new TG's will be somewhat of the same format that Norman is using currently. i.e. 3xxx
It looks like there are some affiliation requests on TG 3602 and 3200.

S

simpilo

So it *looks like* that the new TG's will be somewhat of the same format that Norman is using currently. i.e. 3xxx
It looks like there are some affiliation requests on TG 3602 and 3200.
Ya they better get the ball rolling. The FCC slapped a special condition 1062 on their license. They have 6 months from the original certification date if they cant meet the certification date. They missed the annual certification date. That's to close to cancellation. They are way behind on cut-over. Typical of city governments to procrastinate especially on zoning hearings. For some reason station 4 location 4 needed a zoning hearing. total waste of time.

Last edited:
S

simpilo

I just figured out that OKC Planning stores information on the Journal Record. There was a petition to annex the land at 14200 Hogback Road where OCFD station 4 is. Very recent. Was signed by more than a 3/4ths vote to annex that area to the municipality. They needed that land annexed to the municipality for legality. That is what is holding up the system completion. Link City Of Oklahoma City- City - The Journal Record

S

simpilo

1566558634.011124 set tgid=65171, srcaddr=1000108
1566558634.011218 new tgid: 65171 Talkgroup ID 65171 [0xfe93] prio 3
1566558634.011300 voice update: tg(65171), freq(852475000), slot(0), prio(3)
1566558634.011334 do_metadata state=0: [65171] Talkgroup ID 65171 [0xfe93]

Also tgid 324 popped up briefly. Not found on the EDACS side.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Also tgid 324 popped up briefly. Not found on the EDACS side.

324 isnt new. Its been used during equipment testing a while back. Any TGs that would signify anything major should be in the 3xxx range.

S

simpilo

Still waiting on the City of Luther to do it's hearing. The tower needed with apparatus is 250 foot tall. I bet the neighbors around that fire station had an issue with that and took it to the city. This is essentially important for the progress of the new system. That's why I keep bringing it up. Hopefully people with better knowledge has a good insight to what the heck is going on to cause James Morris (head honcho if OKC I.T.) to have to write the FCC earlier in the year because of zoning. This has got to be the slowest dang process.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Good luck finding out. They are too tightly wrapped and wont tell anyone anything. Just wait it out.

S

simpilo

i think bob, billy and sue whoever they are doesn't want to see a 250 foot tower in their neighborhood so they are delaying as long as they can by claiming height restrictions in that area. I can see plenty of reasons on the map why that zoning issue was brought up but not real clear. There is a public hearing in Luther on September 29 regarding zoning restrictions according to public notices. Perhaps it is not a good idea to build the 4th location if the public in that neighborhood is going to push and push for remedy benefiting themselves. That can take forever! I also think they just about exhausting time to build extensions for license WPYJ314 FS4. A few already have been filed.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Can’t they activate the system without it and if and they get approval, then add it later? Run a patch or something to cover that area.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Can’t they activate the system without it and if and they get approval, then add it later? Run a patch or something to cover that area.

Everything is speculation because the city and manager of this project do not play well with others.

S

simpilo

According to WPYJ314 FCC license it shows approved and activated as of 8-14-2019. They can get it going at this point. Just run a patch to cover location 4 while they are dragging behind in zoning.

S

simpilo

Have an update. FINAL hearing for a special permit to construct a radio tower at 14200 Hogback Road set forth for September 24,2019, next month. Took a while waiting on City council to get around to it. I see it is a agricultural/rural zone they are building it in. I took a screenshot. 2 links for you to see for yourself. There were protestors. All their 2 or 3 arguements where shot down by experts.

The memo
Minutes

The today's August 27, 2019 Agenda

See Item VII H line 12

The reason for the zoning hearings is that the City needed a 250 foot tower but for an AA zone any broadcast tower should not exceed 200 feet total. There was the conflict. My speculations where off base. Let's hope they get their special permit to construct 250 feet tower. an extra 50 foot isnt hurting much.

This is in Councilwoman Nicki Nice's Ward

Attachments

• 2019-08-27-112214_1024x768_scrot.png
    2019-08-27-112214_1024x768_scrot.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
S

simpilo

Some interesting things on OP25 output to STDERR.2

Talkgroup ID 64051 [0xfa33] srcaddr=9980001
Talkgroup ID 64052 [0xfa34] srcaddr=9980002
I have never seen the talkgroup number be output hex and decimal like that before. I am used to seeing just decimal. Very high source address. I know that is techs at work.

The ECOECN P25 system working fine.

Last edited:
S

simpilo

During the time I am typing this, on talk group 64501, I am hearing what sounds like someone has voice activated microphone on. I hear about 1 second bits of a conversation. Don't know if it was a intentional testing technique. Doesn't sound good. I guess they are working on channel 6 and 4.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that as well a few days ago. I think they are just keying up while in a conversation. I dont think they are keying with intention of talking into it. Keying for testing I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.