FXO - Repeater Class Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I really do hate to be a burden with a bunch of questions, But I've got one more thing, my Sheriff's Department uses the frequency 159.210 for all of their operations, However, there is a remote area in the county that it's hard to pick them up on a scanner, mobile or base, etc.. Upon looking their license up on the FCC ULS Database and it shows a repeater at a location about 2 miles from the fringe area I'm talking about, However, This repeater is NOT on the main 159 band, It's totally different on the 400 UHF band, Here's the FCC link, Notice Locations 1 and 5... Can someone explain if I should use the 400 instead of the 159 for this area or is it just a car to repeater booster/relay?

This is the main SO operations channel, The only one I knew of in existance:
159.21000 154.95000 WNPR979 RM 100.0 PL Greene Co SO Sheriff - Dispatch FM Law Dispatch

ok, The frequency that I've found I'm referring to is location 5 here:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WNPR979

FCC says this about it:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=1264471

I'm not sure what the 4.000 means.. 4 watts maybe?

Then again, FXO is what it says, It means this:

FXO - Operational Fixed - A fixed station not open to public correspondence, only for communications related to the licensee's commercial, industrial, or safety operations.

Can anyone explain if this 400 Frequency would be better then the 159 while in this area or the regular hard to recieve 159 one? Hope I've provided enough information, Once again, Sorry to be a burden, Just getting into stuff over my head I dunno about... I thought I knew everything, But I'm one to admit, I don't.. LOL

Thanks again for the help guys!!

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
FX0 are control stations. In this case it looks like they have set up remote receivers to listen on the repeter input freq and retransmits that back to the main transmitter for repeat on the output freq. A voter system.

Let's say a mobile is near site 3; the mobile transmits on 154.95, the FXO picks that up and repeats it on 453.65 (using 2 watts), which is then picked by a receiver at site 1, which then repeats the transmission on 159.21. Site 1 will have to have some receiver logic (a voter system) to detemine which signal is the strongest and repeat the "best" one. The FX0 use directional antennas and height so the low power does the job.

Russell

Last edited:

btritch

FX0 are control stations. In this case it looks like they have set up remote receivers to listen on the repeter input freq and retransmits that back to the main transmitter for repeat on the output freq. A voter system.

Let's say a mobile is near site 3; the mobile transmits on 154.95, the FXO picks that up and repeats it on 453.65 (using 2 watts), which is then picked by a receiver at site 1, which then repeats the transmission on 159.21. Site 1 will have to have some receiver logic (a voter system) to detemine which signal is the strongest and repeat the "best" one. The FX0 use directional antennas and height so the low power does the job.

Russell

Ok, That's what I wanted to know, That means it won't do much good to enter it into the scanner then.. LOL, Does that help on recieve to or just transmit because reception there is horrible.. Right under it I mean..LOL

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does that help on recieve to or just transmit because reception there is horrible.. Right under it I mean..LOL

Assuming 159.210 is the repeater output, 154.950 is the repeater input, and 453.650 is the relay frequency...

relay.jpg

btritch

Oh, Ok, That cleared it up, That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure about the recieve, so as far as recieving from that one, I'm sol and stuck with 210..

Ok, Thanks again guys, I appreciate it a lot!

Anytime something has FXO in it, This is what it means then.. Gotcha...

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
There are setups where they also transmit the repeater output from the remote location, but I would bet they would use some sort of linking that involves leased lines or microwave, etc...

btritch

Well I thought about that, Since you brought that up, There's a communications place here in town that leases tower space, They've been known also to use it a time or two.. I don't really monitor it that close because all of the farmers in the area also use it but could it be one of those, They're 400 MHZ Trunked Freqencies..

Grog

Banned
What is a 6.1 Meter control station? Is it the same thing as a Relay?

Google shows this as one link..
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2002/octqtr/pdf/47cfr90.115.pdf

Part of it states...

§ 90.119 Application requirements.

(a) Part 1, subpart F of this chapter contains the application filing procedures for the Wireless Telecommunications Services, including applications for new base, fixed, or mobile station
authorizations governed by this part.

(b) If the control station(s) will operate on the same frequency as the mobile station, and if the height of the control station(s) antenna(s) will not exceed 6.1 meters (20 feet) above ground
or an existing man-made structure (other than an antenna structure), there is no limit on the number of such stations which may be authorized. Appropriate items on FCC Form 601 shall
be completed showing the frequency, the station class, the total number of control stations, the emission, and the output power of the highest powered control station. Applicants in the 470–512 MHz band must furnish the relevant information for all control stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.