Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
I received this from the Trunker Yahoogroup

File : /wtk384a1.zip
Uploaded by : wb1hbu <wb1hbu@...>
Description : Windows Trunker 3.8.4a1. The 3.8.3 DOS mtrunker and etrunk
programs ported to windows console applications. This is a proof of concept.
Most of it should work but little things like blinking and beeping are not
working. This uses the sound card input and has no support for a data slicer.

I just tried it with an EDACS system and it appears to be working. I am running it on an WinXP system using the sound card input to decode.

D

DaveNF2G

I wish the people who wrote ports would take other versions into account. What about LTRunker 3.8 beta ec4?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Well r00t does not seem to be doing anything with his port. After I figure out how to do filtering there will be an audio input version of LTRDump/Trunk as well. I did the port of Trunker/eTrunk as a proof of concept and to get experience in writing Windows Console Applications. It turned out to work good enough to consider having other people try it out even if not all the options are there yet.

I should of tried this years ago but did not have alot of information about Windows Console Applications. Everything seems focus on GUI stuff which is a big change to the code.

My objective was not to change the core trunker code and to limit the changes to the DOS functions trunker uses. This turned out better than I thought.

73 Eric

pboy

EricCottrell said:
Hello,

After I figure out how to do filtering there will be an audio input version of LTRDump/Trunk as well.
Software filtering is feasible for a LTR audio port?

Joseph11

Can anyone attach the file to a post or provide a link, please? Thanks.

pboy

Joseph11 said:
Can anyone attach the file to a post or provide a link, please? Thanks.

File too big for RR.

You can find it at Trunker Yahoo group.

Have to be a member to access it.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The program should control a second radio for the voice channel. Same radio types as 3.8.3. I expanded the com port range so it should open Com1 to Com8.

It should be possible to do filtering in the PC for LTR. That is one reason I started this project so I could also get to a LTR version.

73 Eric

jellotor

Eric,

Thanks for your hard work! I've been using the r00t mtrunker32 and hoped someone would eventually take over his work since it appears he is no longer on the project.

Will your mtrunker port be able to decode 9600 baud control channels? I haven't been able to get a firm understanding of whether or not a tapped P25 scanner fed to a soundcard is required to decode 9600 cc's.

pboy

EricCottrell said:
It should be possible to do filtering in the PC for LTR. That is one reason I started this project so I could also get to a LTR version.

Great news.

Looking forward to the LTR version.

Thanks for all your effort on the project!

ronenp

Trunker88 file

Attached the trunker88
Doing good job although some few bugs exist (on the system i monitor)

Attachments

• T88-453.ZIP
    79.5 KB · Views: 166

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Eric's program is working superbly here on an IBM Thinkpad running XP PRO SP2. Unzipped the program, fired up my PCR1000 (for sale, BTW) on a CC, ran wtrunker.exe and off it went at 100% decode. I'm not yet trying to run a trunk following scanner as I usually don't with Trunker anyway. I was already using this computer with UniTrunker so the cable was already run from discriminator out to line in of soundcard. No issues here whatsoever, no need for a trunkenv.txt either. If you're going to use a trunk following scanner you'll need one though.

I'm not sure what Trunk88 has to do with Eric's port of Trunker, but it is not what people who want Eric's program should be downloading.

RolnCode3

I went to the Yahoo group, and signed up. Have to wait for the mod to approve.

Immediately, though, I got this email about going to a website to sign up. I must do it or I'll be denied...no free emails...etc.

Anyways, followed the link to a Wiki. Don't see no signup page. Don't really want to sign up anyways. WTF?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
RolnCode3 said:
Hmm...can't get it to decode anything. Treport and Unitrunker working fine, though. The little line is spinning, but no OSW showing or activity.
Hello,

Try switching the slicer mode in the configuration.

73 Eric

jpryor

Wtrunker locks after one hour if I have a tracking scanner (com port) enabled. No further decoding and no response from the program, always exactly an hour. This is on a Windows 98 computer. I suspect it may have something to do with a power save setting. I have disabled all visible power management settings in Windows and BIOS. If I set to "TRACKSCAN=NONE" (and hence no need for com port I suspect) I'm able to run for longer/continuous times without issue. Really the only reason I'd like to enable a tracking scanner is to use the hold/search features for easier talkgroup and radio annotations.

Anybody with any thoughts for other items I can look into to resolve this issue?

SCPD

QRT
scancapecod said:
I'm not sure what Trunk88 has to do with Eric's port of Trunker, but it is not what people who want Eric's program should be downloading.
I agree. Trunk88 is a cool program. Someone should write up a review for the wiki. All the same it is a different animal - that doesn't do EDACS and isn't a native Windows application - which is what Eric is accomplishing here.
DaveN2FG said:
I think the DEMO88/TRUNK88 groups on Yahoo are dead.
*shrug* Maybe the "Slicer Wizard" can answer that.
jpryor said:
Wtrunker locks after one hour if I have a tracking scanner (com port) enabled.
Eric - do you run the serial port under the same thread as the UI or do you spin a separate thread? Same questions goes for the sound buffering.
-rick

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Someone please email to me the latest download version and I'll make it available for download here on RadioReference.com (Eric).

In addition, it would be extrememly helpful Eric if you could release an ESK version of the EDACS code that you released.

VERY HELPFUL....

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.