FYI, freq info correction re, PL tone for WPD "TAC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
hey all, not sure if this is the proper place to post (admin may move if it`s not), but i found a mistake in the WI listing in the database, the correct PL for the WPD (Wausau PD, 155.6550) is, 97.4. The database has it listed as 186.2, which i discovered was incorrect (a PL search reveald the correct one :)). Thanks! N9NRA

djeplett

Funny thing is I have it as 167.9. I bet I have it wrong, too. Thanks.

You may want to send a correction in to the admins.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
And ya know what? I found out the listed PL was wrong when i set that channel with a 186.2 PL and it didn`t decode, same thing on my Ham rig, set a 186.2 and it didn`t work, tried a PL search and it came up on 97.4 instead, put that one into my `396T and it worked, that`s why i thought i`d put the word out about this. N9NRA

triryche

Premium Subscriber
:cool: Nice catch. If you submit a correction with the link on the Marathon page, it will be updated. You may want to do a search on a few other Wausau local frequencies.. According to my records, 154.040 & 155.715 city services also have incorrect PL's listed here. Should be 103.5 not 107.2

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
freq correction Wausau PD "TAC"

Hey there, thanks. Just looked on the Marathon County page on the (newly relocated) Wisconsin Scanning Homepage, and unfortunatly it`s not even listed, so not sure what i should do now, do i post it and call it good or do ya still need the link? FYI both the 155.040 and 155.715 channels don`t have the PL listed, i found those via a PL search on my ham rig (which i primarily use for scanning as the audio and some other stuff is better on the Kenwood that ny Uniden :)). Also, since 155.040 is used by a number of agencies around here they have different PL tones, so if ya want to listen to one and not all of `em ya need to set the PL for that agency, Rib Mtn fire and some others i know use 107.2 PL, not sure about others though. N9NRA P.S. The Wausau PD "TAC" channel isn`t even listed on the Homepage ether, found that one right here on good ol` RadioReference :D!! You guys rule!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.