FYI: Metro South Active (Camden Deployment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Due to the recent re-deployment of the NJSP in Camden as of Monday evening this Channel seems to be the primary operations channel. It is mis-labled in the database but the TG ID is correct. The channel is A1-02 Metro South, TG ID:34864.

Highpockets

Due to the recent re-deployment of the NJSP in Camden as of Monday evening this Channel seems to be the primary operations channel. It is mis-labled in the database but the TG ID is correct. The channel is A1-02 Metro South, TG ID:34864.

So what your saying is it's not 2 Comm Buena Headquarters anymore? They are not using the 29XXX TG's anymore?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
So what your saying is it's not 2 Comm Buena Headquarters anymore? They are not using the 29XXX TG's anymore?

This channel has been refered to as Metro South for some time now by the troopers on air. They have been using it for in the city for operations but now the activity should increase. The troopers use their last names as identifiers as opposed to badge numbers on this channel since they started using this TG as the Metro South channel.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
The correct talkgroup identifier is A1-2 Camden (this is displayed on the radio). But it is the NJSP Metro South unit. This talkgroup used to be A1-2 Troop HQ, but that was changed several years ago.

Highpockets

The correct talkgroup identifier is A1-2 Camden (this is displayed on the radio). But it is the NJSP Metro South unit. This talkgroup used to be A1-2 Troop HQ, but that was changed several years ago.

Funny nobody updated the database in that time period. :confused:

Thanks for the info, and I just got done updating my scanners, here I go again... :)

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
They seem to have air cover every night so far since deployment. I also notice that they are not in service during the day. Activity seems to start around 6PM daily and continue throughout the night into the early morning hours.

wnjl

Is this talkgroup usually only carried on the Troop A system? I heard activity with it programmed into Troop C over the weekend, but otherwise it's been pretty sparingly.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
It's been quiet the last 2 nights, no activity. I haven't noticed if it's being simulcast on C troop sites but it is a troop A channel.

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
A1-2 is only being used by the "surge" Troopers temporarily. The Metro Troopers use Camden City radios. A lot of the "surge" Troopers are from the Special Operations Section and they dont have enough Camden radios to go around. When the surge is over, that radio traffic will cease for the most part.

The Metro dispatcher monitors A1-2, but all operational traffic amongst the Metro Troops is over a camden radio. Dont ask me why, its been that way ever since it was called the Camden Anti-crime Partnership days.....

ampulman

I have (what I believe are) the Metro Troopers programmed as NJSP talk groups. They have been inactive for some time.

Are you saying (using Camden radios) that there are now Camden talk groups for the Troopers?

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Yes there are 3 talkgroups on the Camden EDACS trunked radio system that the troopers use. They are digital Aegis voice, therefore scanners cannot pick them up.

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
FYI: The surge detail ended last weekend, metro south is back on the Camden city system, and A1-2 will be quiet again. Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.