FYI - NJ ARES/RACES/Skywarn Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys & Gals,

Just to keep everyone up to speed - over the past few weeks I have been working on submissions from some very diligent fellow hams to get the listings for the repeaters here in NJ that are used for 'official' purposes updated.

We have moved all ARES/RACES/OEM/Skywarn repeaters to the main ARES/RACES section at the root of the NJ database section:

ARES/RACES Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I hope this clears up any confusion about what happened to some of the entries in the database. Normal amateur repeaters will continue to be placed in their respective county sub-sections...

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
Someone out at county doesn't like Middletown very much and wiped out all the RACES frequencies I had previously submitted.....always games with county ARES vs our RACES group...why oh why.

They can have all the fun they want...we are self contained at this point. They have maybe four people, we have 40...who is going to get the job done.

If anyone needs the Middletown area frequencies, just contact me directly. Middletown RACES covers the entire bay shore area. We are not ARES, nor are we Skywarn.

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Please submit them again & I'll get them put in. Sorry to hear about the political drama down there at the shore!

elk2370bruce

Someone out at county doesn't like Middletown very much and wiped out all the RACES frequencies I had previously submitted.....always games with county ARES vs our RACES group...why oh why.

They can have all the fun they want...we are self contained at this point. They have maybe four people, we have 40...who is going to get the job done.

If anyone needs the Middletown area frequencies, just contact me directly. Middletown RACES covers the entire bay shore area. We are not ARES, nor are we Skywarn.

Okay. Now we've heard one opinion representing one posible side of the potential story. Can anyone, especially someone who has been around for a bit longer and had some long-term personal experience, provide additional facts of the supposed situation? Reality checks are always best expressed by more than one newbie's whining without some factual backup data. Is the database ommission assembled by W2SJW a simple accident or does it reflect the intent of his post? ? Or it is Memorex? Or an organized conspiracy associated with 9-1-1? An Al Quada cell at the local Route 35 K-Mart? Galactic aliens who have illegally settled in Keyport? Or is it an organized plot to cut Middletown out of the EmComm paradigm? Where is the complete truth and all of the historically correct facts? Quien sabe? Lets hear the whole story. Any takers?

Since Scott doesn't even live anywhere near Monmouth County, I trust his objectivity and professional abilities and you owe him an apology (publicly). Since you guys are fully self sufficient and self-contained, who do you communicate with outside of Middletown to County and State levels for situations larger than your own local situation and resources? How does your "regional" responsibility, authority, and capabilities comply with the State Police RACES and EmComm Plans? How does this unique arrangement fit into the larger scheme ofICS/NIMS/Local EOP implementatiion? How many of the forty members share your expressed viewpoint? Let's hear from them (regardless of their opinion). Only through a detailed examination of fact can the post referenced above be validated and a formal; pattern of proaqctive change initiated.

There are numerous amateur radio clubs around the state (in all counties) that do not have their local EmComm repeater information listed in Scott's listing. It was not his intent to publish the entire state-wide repeater report.. or My God, the conspiracy must even larger than you stated. Were he to list only Middletown, every club would have to be listed as a matter of fairness and a complete waste of the intent of this thread. Feel free to comment Scott.

PS I don''t live in Middletown, Monmouth County or have any stake in the matter. I do, however know a number of these fine Middletown Club members and respect their dedication and experience. I'd like to have their comments here as well.

Last edited:

robbinsj2

Since Scott doesn't even live anywhere near Monmouth County, I trust his objectivity and professional abilities and you owe him an apology (publicly).
Wow, you read that post completely differently than I did. I took it as a general complaint about something that happened in the past, I didn't see any fingers pointing at the DB staff or Scott in particular, or any suggestion that the loss happened as a result of Scott's work.

I guess I missed something. :confused:

Jim

elk2370bruce

Wow, you read that post completely differently than I did. I took it as a general complaint about something that happened in the past, I didn't see any fingers pointing at the DB staff or Scott in particular, or any suggestion that the loss happened as a result of Scott's work.

I guess I missed something. :confused:

Jim

Jim, I just am sick and tired of the whole RACES./ARES/SKYWARN/EmComm finger pointing that goes on. around NJ - to everyone's detriment. Each is a valuable tool with damned good and dedicated ops. No other local amateur radio club's repeaters are listed on Scott's well prepared report. Then the "Why oh why" is Middletown being signaled out is uncalled for? The radio gods must be angry or Middletown has been ignored as a direct insult or a conspiratorial and capricious action on the part of some mysterious third party if you listen to this numb (opposite of bolt). Give me a break! This parochial crap is juvenile. As you know, there are enough legitimate issues to address without stirring up this potential urinating contest. As we've both seen too many times befope, One clown like this one give a good club a bum rap.

Last edited:

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
Yeah had nothing to do with the db work mentioned.

I'd just gotten them updated as recently as a few weeks ago and saw they were removed from the Monmouth County page.

It's a whole slop bucket of fun down here for sure ;-) as witnessed.

SCPD

QRT
ARES/RACES/Skywarn Repeaters

The information on this page for ARES/RACES/SKYWARN/OEM is to be a general reference to those scanner enthusiasts and amateur radio operators. The information is as accurate as possible**.

Any omission of a group(s), agency(s) and club(s) is purely unintentional.
Additional information to individual groups, I’ll direct you to the Wiki Page: ARES/RACES (NJ) - The RadioReference Wiki or this linked page: RACES Links for sources nation wide including New Jersey.
As former First Responder involved all aspects of Emergency Communications with ARES/RACES/SKYWARN/OEM on the local and county level, from front line work to leadership in EOC command staff. I found that when the “mud” hit the fan. That ninety eight percent of the time every one worked together.
I am sorry to see that some groups cannot and refuse to cooperate with each other in general. As to certain group(s), agency(s) and club(s) being omitted and their reasons why or why not and whether it was political, ego(s) power play, operational or what ever should not discussed in this forum. Perhaps this touchy topic can be moved to another forum or subject if one wishes to pursue this issue indefinitely.
** Otherwise if the data presented in the NJ ARES/RACES Page is inaccurate or otherwise wrong. Please post/submit the corrected material.

That’s my 2 bits and thanks for reading.

Have great, safe, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Ken / K2YYN:cool:

elk2370bruce

I am sorry to see that some groups cannot and refuse to cooperate with each other in general. As to certain group(s), agency(s) and club(s) being omitted and their reasons why or why not and whether it was political, ego(s) power play, operational or what ever should not discussed in this forum. Perhaps this touchy topic can be moved to another forum or subject if one wishes to pursue this issue indefinitely.

Ken, your comment is right on target and echoes my point that it has no reason for posting here. Bet handled between the club and Monmouth County leadershp.

SCPD

QRT
ARES/RACES Final Comment

"Otherwise if the data presented in the NJ ARES/RACES Page is inaccurate or otherwise wrong. Please post/submit the corrected material."

Well I see Scott has been busy updating the NJ ARES/RACES Page with various changes in Camden and Warren County. It good to see that persons are now submitting corrected and or new information.
With that, every one PLEASE stay safe the New Years Holiday Weekend. We may have another storm to deal with. So keep a weather eye on things.
This will end my comments on this particular thread. :D

Ken / K2YYN :wink:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Umm, dat be a 'whoopsie' on my part (fingers flying across the number pad as I typed)! :D

SCPD

QRT
Essex Co. (W2QR) I believe is 447.875 not 444. If you're referring to the repeater in the Newark area.

SCPD

QRT
K2NNJ & Matt,

Thanks for the corrections and update. They have been added to the DB for NJ ARES/RACES. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.