FYI WPS back in clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jets1961

FYI WPSS (Winnipeg Police Secret Service ;))is back in the clear on old 1A,B,C. I don't expect it will last long though, Monday if we are lucky. Must be technical difficulties.

Listen while you can.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Well I don't live in the Peg .. but I am happy about this as it is always good when you can monitor what you can. But yes ... enjoy while you have it.

I am just throwing this out there ... but I think that they may have gotten some heat from the media (and all the public oversight this creates) about being encrypted, hence going back to something monitor-able ? Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Hemi204

Premium Subscriber
Actually its due to poor service and lack of reception in certain areas of the city. Its become a safety concern! maybe the fact that they cant re-key the radios over the air has something to do with it also..

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hemi204 said:
Actually its due to poor service and lack of reception in certain areas of the city. Its become a safety concern! maybe the fact that they cant re-key the radios over the air has something to do with it also..

The only issue I can see not being able to re-key is if a portable or mobile loses it key. I would take a lot of smarts to break the key. And what does WPS have/do that is so sensitive that they would need to change keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.