G-4 PPS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
What am I doing wrong. I downloaded PPS software into my windows 7 computer, no problem. When I select tab (C) create profile for user group and the select tab (C3) read from device it shows a number (1) in connected device.

Here is my problem, my windows 10 computer I downloaded the PPS software but when I do the same thing the software keeps showing a zero in connected devices. It does not recognize the pager. Keeps showing a zero in connected devices.

Any input concerning my problem will be appreciated.
Tim

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Redownload the driver for the pager. It’s on the Unication website right below where you downloaded the software.

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
w2lie, thanks for getting back to me , went to the Unication page to download the driver. I think I did it.
I get a little confused when extracting the files. Not sure if I did it right because it is still not showing the device. I had no problem with
my other computer. So frustrating, I have been trying to do this for the last couple of hours and my head is spinning. Going to walk
away from this until tomorrow. Not going to accomplish anything when you are aggravated. It can't be this hard.

Last edited:

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
W2lie, I did it, SUCCESS. I was only opening one extracted file. there were two extracted files that needed to be opened.
Last night I was not getting to the download wizard. Once I figured out about the second file the wizard opened up and
was able to do it.

Plugged my G-4 into the PPS software and showed the number (1) for connected device.

Thank you once again W2lie for pointing me in the right direction with the driver. I should have known.

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Glad to hear it worked for you. Sometimes doing what you did is the best solution.... walk away and try again after you have a fresh set of eyes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.