G-Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

There must be some logic to how these work. I heard multiple agencies actually catch the kid that murdered his parents at CMU on a GEvent. How do they know which one to use? I heard several police following somebody and the locals participated as they progressed downstate so the locals must have been notified which channel. Now I hear St Louis dispatching on GEvent 13. Are there any rules or logic?

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
The G-, H-, I, & J Event talkgroups are assigned by the NCC (Network Communications Center). An agency wanting to use one fills out a request form which they then fax or email to the NCC, who then notifies the agency which talkgroup(s) they may use. The NCC then activates the talkgroup(s) on the appropriate towers.
My theory is that certain event TG's are assigned to certain areas of the state, but I've never seen anything official to confirm or refute that.

szron

Pre-scheduled events usually email or fax the form to the NCC and then get whatever channel NCC has with whatever coverage that was requested.

In a emergency situation NCC can pretty much enable an event channel as you're on the phone with them or within minutes.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
The G-, H-, I, & J Event talkgroups are assigned by the NCC (Network Communications Center). An agency wanting to use one fills out a request form which they then fax or email to the NCC, who then notifies the agency which talkgroup(s) they may use. The NCC then activates the talkgroup(s) on the appropriate towers.
My theory is that certain event TG's are assigned to certain areas of the state, but I've never seen anything official to confirm or refute that.

Everytime I've planned ahead and filled out the form and sent it in, they've forgotten about it and I've had to call them anyway. And as recently as about a month ago, there was a multi-agency incident and an event TG was requested, only to be told there was a computer problem and they couldn't activate one. sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.