• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G-Series Trunking Free Scan Beta Test II

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighter47

Feed Provider
I ended up emailing myself my unipps file and downloading it onto my phone, and I was able to complete the upload from my phone. Not sure why, but maybe it will help somebody ender if they have that issue.
I just did this and it worked! Maybe it had to be in my download folder or something

CFP387

I can’t wait for the beta since it is the only new firmware that has the trunking free scan, also can’t wait for the stacking tone issue to be fixed for my department pager

The pagers will alert on stacked tones if you omit the "Delay N" function in the PPS.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I was just told Unication will keep registration open and no close date.
Also next week they will add the download path to code plugs that we share.

No charge for beta firmware.

I want in on this but the only problem is my G5 has been at Unication for a month,, what is the window on registration as i do not have the replacement yet and do not know the new Serial #,, tracking says label was created yesterday on the retuning unit

Last edited:

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
So the weirdest thing happened but I got new notification to a watched thread and when I clicked on it I saw his message so I replied. Then I could not see his post above mine and I was head scratching until I found his post on page 1 of the thread. Then I realized I answered a question that he already answered himself, and that you deleted your answer. So when I went back to delete my post it was not an option. No real way to back out of this because I made a further mess lol. So I left my answer in case it helps someone else one day.
I’m the one that started all the mess! LoL! I should have had more patience in solving the problem myself. I still appreciate the post help and responses.

kd8sru

I had no issues uploading my files. Just gotta wait now been watching my email all of the time for the instructions. Cant wait to start testing! I've had my pager for 2 years hoping they would come up with a scanning software. The pager is so compact and nice to carry compared to the rest out there

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Can someone clarify something for me...in order for my G4 to scan two trunked systems, is this capability part of the "Trunking Free Scan" feature (only available in the beta)?

or is this ability/feature something seperate that will be added to the next official firmware release (1.3)?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
you need beta to scan multi systems,unless things change 1.3 will get tg hold/remove

QUOTE="trido, post: 3305298, member: 2913"]

[/QUOTE]

lsh1885

It has been reported on the Facebook Free Scan page that there are severe reception issues with the new firmware can anyone confirm this. If so I hope this a bug that can be fixed.

fmulder13

It has been reported on the Facebook Free Scan page that there are severe reception issues with the new firmware can anyone confirm this. If so I hope this a bug that can be fixed.
I’ve not only not seen that report on the Facebook page, but I’ve experienced nothing but amazing reception on the beta firmware.

lsh1885

Well that's good to hear there are a couple of members who have posted about poor reception problems I think there is a representative from Unication that is trying to figure out what the problem is

kruser

Premium Subscriber

I can't say my reception or performance is any better but it's definitely not any worse than before the beta firmware. It's always been top notch, even on distant systems or fairly weak signals.
I love the features added by this!

cpetraglia

Sorry, but I haven't had time to read all the pages on this. I filled out the form per post #1 from the link.

What's supposed to happen next? Do I wait for an e-mail?

blackbelter

Does the link to the beta 1.3 with Free scan Includes the PPS update or the FW imbedded ?
Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.