G Troop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerdensleysr

Premium Subscriber
Is their someone out there in Western N.C. who can help me find the way G Troop cars traffic is transmitted back to the Asheville State Highway Patrol Dispatcher please ?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Roger, I edited the thread title to make it more meaningful. Please don't use your username as a title. A lot of people would see it and not bother to read your thread.

Thanks.

CCHLLM

There is no Asheville dispatcher for NCSHP. Radio traffic for the western areas is handled by the SHP comm center in Newton. All VIPER and low band radio traffic between the comm centers and the radio sites goes through the microwave system.

Last edited:

CCHLLM

VIPER is the new system which is still under construction. The low band system is the old system, and will be replaced by VIPER when VIPER is completed and fully implemented. Once VIPER is fully implemented, the low band system will be shut down and dismantled.

A number of us will miss the sound of that good robust analog audio that comes from those low band professional grade radios.

Last edited:

robkermit

I hear Troop G on VIPER all the time. I can't pick it up on low band although some people I know can get it. The traffic is simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.