G

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbro298

I have had a PSR-500 for a year.I just bought a new one and have noticed 1 difference.At the top beside the signal strength there is a G which i believe is the global antt.This does not show up on my new 500,I checked all the settings and they are the same.Any reason it shows up on one and not the other

carpetman

I have had a PSR-500 for a year.I just bought a new one and have noticed 1 difference.At the top beside the signal strength there is a G which i believe is the global antt.This does not show up on my new 500,I checked all the settings and they are the same.Any reason it shows up on one and not the other

If you press function button and then the ATT button it will show up, to remove do again..

DonS

The G on the top line of the display indicates that the scanner is in "Global Attenuation Mode" - the attenuator is either always on or always off, ignoring any per-channel settings (whether it's on or off is indicated by the presence or absence of an A immediately to the right of the G).

By default (i.e. factory settings), the scanner is in "Global Attenuation Mode", with attenuation set to OFF.

The lack of the G on one scanner means that it has been changed from the factory defaults.

al95

My Pro-106 also has the Global(g) on the screen but you can remove it. Press PGM then press GLOB(F3) next go down to AttenMode: their you have two options Global which the letter G will appear in the screen or Normal the letter G will disappear from the screen. I hope this helps you.

DonS

My Pro-106 also has the Global(g) on the screen but you can remove it. Press PGM then press GLOB(F3) next go down to AttenMode: their you have two options Global which the letter G will appear in the screen or Normal the letter G will disappear from the screen. I hope this helps you.

As mentioned above, you can also toggle the mode between "Global" and "Normal" by pressing FUNC ATT in any non-programming mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.