G2 Reporter microSD compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3DRQ

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I just bought a new shortwave radio for my room (the Grundig/Eton Satellit) from U-R and it came with a G2 Reporter.

I haven't turned on/used the G2 Reporter yet, but I noticed the box said there was a slot for a microSD card of up to 16 GB.

Anyone know if the G2 Reporter works with UHS cards or just the normal ones up to class 10?

Thanks!

Boombox

I have a Grundig G2 and really like it for SW, and it's OK for MW DX with a loop (small internal loopstick); I've recorded stuff off SW and MW onto the internal memory, but haven't tried a memory SD card in it yet.

Can't find any information on the manual or online about the type of SD card it takes.

FYI: On SW, the G2 can overload on strong local AM stations, just shorten the whip antenna, and the SW stations will still come through and the local QRM will be reduced or eliminated. It has a SiLabs digital IF chip in it that is pretty sensitive -- I've been able to pull in a lot of stations on the 49 meter band, for example (on a good morning, when conditions were better) with only 8 inches or so of the whip antenna extended.

I have a post on here somewhere about my G2 that I made after I got it.

I use it mainly to listen to SW -- it will pull in -- on its whip -- almost as much as my other radios do on my indoor 25 ft wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.