• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 bluetooth win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
So I just got a new G4 and have it all setup and running the way I want it. Now I am trying to use bluetooth to connect to a Win10 pc to run audio through the pc. This is turning out to be more of a thing then programming it. I turn on bluetooth on the pager and make it visable. Win10 finds the pager and when I click connect on Win10 it asks for a pin. The pager does not show up any kind of pin on the screen. Am I just overlooking something or doing something wrong?

Thanks!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Punch in FOUR Zeros (0000) when Windows asks you for it in the add BT device area. Mine paired up with my PC when I made the pager visible (2:00) countdown. Playing sound over my PC through BT? ... I haven't been able to do it yet. It's paired up with a usb bluetooth to my G5.

Last edited by a moderator:

kd8ati

Feed Provider
@Johnnydollar2
Thanks for the tip... that got it to connect/pair with the pc (built in bluetooth) but its not playing any audio. From what I can tell it appears as though Win10 is not recognizing it as an audio source/device... just a "bluetooth device". I have triedgoing in and changing the drivers to be audio source drviers but that does not seem to do any good. Anyone have any ideas??????

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Your trying to use the device in a way it was not intended to be used.
So there is a good chance what your trying to accomplish cant be done. When it connects to the PC, the PC has options to set up the BT device. Audio profile, programming, networking, stuff like that. Your computer is connecting but it might not be the correct profile to pass audio to its speakers.
I tried my dell and cant even get it to pair.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Well I have figured out that part of the problem was that the geniuses at Microsoft had disabled A2DP Sink in Windows 10, which is the bluetooth protocol that allows bluetooth audio to be streamed to/through windows, though it would work in the opposite direction because that is apparently a different protocol. With the latest update of Win10 (version 2004) they have enabled it again after receiving numerous complaints. So with that in mind I can now get the pager and Win10 paired up to the point of Windows showing the pager in the sound control panel. Now the problem is it is showing as disconnected, and refusing to connect no matter what I do. See attached pic. Looking for any suggestions/workarounds anyone may have? I find it somewhat hard to believe I am the first person to attempt to pair one of these up with Windows.

@IAmSixNine I am a little confused by your comment. You said I am trying to use the device in a way it was not intended. How so? The device has bluetooth for the sole intention of streaming audio to an external speaker. What difference would it make if that speaker is a stand alone, earpiece, car audio system, or windows connected speakers?

Pager Sound Control.PNG

tatanka001

Premium Subscriber
try enable th stereo mix from realtek and the line in . just a thought

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
BT 2.0 which is what these units have is an older protocol and meant to be used as phone type connections.
When we stream media we are using a different protocol for audio and i dont think these devices support it. A2DP is what i am referring to.
So when we pair the G4 with BT devices they are in stand by, when the G4 RX a signal, it then sends a command to enable the BT (like an incoming call would) then send the audio, when the device is done RX the connection goes back to stand by. This is what causes delays and missed info.
That is what i mean by using it in a way its not intended. Some devices handle this better then others, which is why some people have had good luck using BT headphones and speakers. Some work great some dont.
It needs BT 4.0 or better so it can support A2DP and keep an always on connection to pass the audio like we want it to.
It has gotten better since the earlier versions of firmware.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
@tatanka001 I did try that and unfortunately it did not do any good

@IAmSixNine Thanks for the info. So just when Win10 brings back support for A2DP... now the pager needs it. That is somewhat dissapointing. I was looking forward to going wireless. I guess its time to buy the dock amplifier so I can run a 3.5mm from there to the pc.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Its been a while since i used mine with BT. Unication has done adjustments with BT over the recent firmware update(s) so i could be wrong on some of this. I tested stuff a few years ago and didnt like BT so stopped using it on the G4.
But i may try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.