• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 Constantly Boot-Loops on Certain Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
can you share a screenshot of the trunk frequency tab in the PPS, I'm going to try to emulate that

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I can now vouch for the same issues Floridarailfanning is having. I am visiting from KY today to stay for a week or so in TN and upon entering TN on I-75 switched my pager on the nearest site to Caryville, TN on today and instantly got a reboot. Ended up switching to Knox Simulcast and didn't have any issues, switched back to the other zone and got another reboot.

Switched back to my local Zone which is North Bradley 700 and haven't had issues since.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
can you share a screenshot of the trunk frequency tab in the PPS, I'm going to try to emulate that
Here is my list of systems. Windrock Test at the bottom is the one in question.
pps_systems.PNG

Site and channel info.
pps_11.PNG
pps_cc.PNG

I have been using SDR Trunk to decode the CC data while the G4 is acting up and the only possible correlation I've seen are location requests aimed at particular subscribers. I rarely see this on most of the sites since many agencies have their AVL systems tried in with their CAD.

llzel

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE!
My pager dealer sent me a new beta software update for my G4. I loaded it up yesterday morning and have not had one reboot since. That's an achievement because my unit would reboot 3-5 times an hour.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
It has to do with mixed 7/800 and VHF and I think UHF systems like MOSWIN and TACN it saw the VHF frequencies and threw an error

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the re-boot was only happing on larger systems that have 700-800 control frequencies and also VHF/UHF control frequencies. Unication has fixed that with a beta firmware.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Also assuming you have a split VHF G5 it wouldn’t be an issue mine is UHF

cferguson4809

So, I am terrably sorry to bring up an old thread, I had created my own one but was directed here. I was having this problem with my G4 where it would drop connection then connect to RFSS/Site 0/0 then crash and reboot. It does recieve traffic before the boot loop and it usually takes anywhere from 1-2 minutes for it to crash. I have taken the following steps.
  • Updated the firmware V1.31-11262020
  • Manually programed that system/site (previously I had used the import feature from RR)
  • Programed the radio with only that simulcast on a fresh load that was manually programmed (I did this because someone suggested that having too much programmed can cause that)
I have tried all of these things and none of them have seemed to work to keep the radio from boot looping. Does anyone have any other ideas?

llzel

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issue with my G4, Unication dealer sent me a beta firmware that solved the problem. The issue is when there are 700/800Mhz and VHF control channels on the same system. The G4 original firmware couldn't handle and reboot. Mine has been flawless since updating the firmware several months ago. I can look for it and send it to you if you want, PM me. the beta S/W is 1.32.xxx. Come to think about it, the software might be specific to the G4 model you have. Perhaps some smarter people than me on Unication can chime in.

DeeCeee

My G4 would reboot on occasion with the TxWarn system. A couple of days ago it did it and now it can't ever complete the boot sequence. Sent it back to Unication today.

Status
Not open for further replies.