• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4/G5 and Harris TG pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So Harris P25 systems can use dynamic TG pools to set up temporary patches to various resources, then are taken down when not needed. Is there a way to program a G5 knob position to "scan" a range of these TG - they are set up as TG 65xxx, where the xxx is a variable value that sticks for the time the patch is needed. Frequently seen when a dispatcher sets up a SimulSelect call.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
-And- to record them, like other traffic on programmed TG's

RBMTS

You can setup a Gx switch position to "open" monitor all activity on a site, or you can monitor specific talkgroups. You can't have Gx monitor a "range" of talkgroups using a partial wild-card method you mention.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
You can setup a Gx switch position to "open" monitor all activity on a site, or you can monitor specific talkgroups. You can't have Gx monitor a "range" of talkgroups using a partial wild-card method you mention.
Thank you. Unfortuenately, that's what I thought. :(

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I have a Zone or knob position called “Wild”. It is loaded with all TG’s in system. it is set up to “System Scan” but also has a wildcard TG. The G5 scans the entire system and also displays unknown TG’s as well. Perhaps closer to what you are looking for.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
This is where a scanner works better than the pager. I can program TGs of interest, lockout all the crap TGs, and set the scanner to ID Search. This way, the scanner plays (and shows) the TGs that I want to monitor, plus the dynamic TGs as they occur. Perhaps the new "scanner" firmware for the pager will have a similar functionality.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
This is where a scanner works better than the pager. I can program TGs of interest, lockout all the crap TGs, and set the scanner to ID Search. This way, the scanner plays (and shows) the TGs that I want to monitor, plus the dynamic TGs as they occur. Perhaps the new "scanner" firmware for the pager will have a similar functionality.
No question, however as a beta tester of new FW the “blok“ button is great. Locks out nuisance TG’s instantly. For me the RF RX performance is priority which is hands down outstanding.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
For me, the SDS200 and the G5's RF performance is essentially identical within a system's intended service area, so operationally there is no difference. I think the G5 performs slightly better with fringe reception when outside a system's footprint, maybe by a few hundred yards / seconds in a moving vehicle. The G5 is a great radio, but it is not a complete solution for my use case. Once our county transitions from SmartZone to ASTRO P25 sometime next year, that equation will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.