• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4/G5 Battery Update Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Are all dealers doing a G4/5 battery update promotion or is it just Ray's Pager Sales?

JASII

Memory Capacity
DCR Inc,

It looks like you may have the best deal at $27.90. Is shipping free for batteries, too?

Jim

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
No but we don't mark up shipping like other dealers do..

JASII

Memory Capacity
DCR Inc,

Based on your kind reply, I did just order one from your business. However, the charge was $27.90 and did not appear to charge me for shipping. I wonder if I did something wrong?

Jim

JASII

Memory Capacity
I received my new battery Saturday.

How do I take advantage of the Battery Update Promotion?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Sent my two old batteries back to Rays last week and received the new ones this Friday. Great promotion.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
The form I have, states you don't have to send in the old batteries until after you get the new ones in, you have a certain amount of time to do so, then you receive your credit

JASII

Memory Capacity
DCR Inc,

I returned my old battery almost two weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything yet. I have also send a couple of messages through the website and haven't received a response. Does the phone work better for your business?

Jim

wkredick

IIRC the dealers should give you a form to send in with old batteries. Or do as I do as a dealer and handle it yourself. That way I have tracking number and proof batteries were sent in and the dealer gets his invoice promotion credits.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Have to ask - why "update" the battery? Simply to get a new one (and reset charge cycles to zero?) Are the old ones defective in some respect?

Reactions: RRR

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
I decided it would be a great time to upgrade batteries.

My battery I have currently shows: 1747 / 1805 from when I bought my G4 in April of 2018. My new battery I just received shows: 1809/1809

Did I get a brand new battery from the 9th week of 2018 or the 9th Month of 2018 or is the date code more cryptic?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.