• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 on Hillsborough County P25 Phase II

pandel

Just got my G4 and it's great!
Hoping for a little help with the east side system. I downloaded everything directly from RR and I'm using all 3 listed tower sites. I selected the 5 main Non-Encrypted dispatch and info talk groups from the system and set them up into separate channels as well as one channel with al of the talk groups both east and west side. So far, all I am able to receive is the west side. Districts 1 and 3. Any ideas what I did wrong?

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
Hoping for a little help with the east side system. I downloaded everything directly from RR and I'm using all 3 listed tower sites. I selected the 5 main Non-Encrypted dispatch and info talk groups from the system and set them up into separate channels as well as one channel with al of the talk groups both east and west side. So far, all I am able to receive is the west side. Districts 1 and 3. Any ideas what I did wrong?

How does it sound? My SDS200 sound terrible.

pandel

It sounds GREAT!
I've got an sds100 and it sounds like ****. Total waste of money. My biggest issue was the complete lack of ALC. One user sounded like they were screaming and completely over modulated while the next transmission sounded like the user was whispering. That's why I bought the G4. NO problems with ALC nice even audio.

mitbr

The Unication pagers will not scan different control channels like a scanner would.What you need to do is put the east tower on one knob position and the west tower on a seperate knob then select one or the other.The

40 (28)040 (28)40769.13125c770.13125c
tower is not needed it is used for data only no voice.
Have you set up any zones yet?
Tim :cool:

pandel

Yes, set up one zone which has D-1, D-2, D-3, D-4, D-5.
I've also set up a channel with all of the talk groups D-1 through D-5. Been listening fora bough 18 hours now...
D1 and D-3 are on the west system and are working fine. D2,D4 and D5 are on the east system and silent.

N6ML

You'll need to create a separate *system* for each site, listing only the control channels for that site, then define knob positions to use each site. Once the pager locks onto any control channel for a given system, it will not leave that control channel until it deems it out of range. Since not all talkgroups are carried on all sites, you'll only hear the talkgroups that are carried on the site you're locked onto.

mitbr

Yes, set up one zone which has D-1, D-2, D-3, D-4, D-5.
I've also set up a channel with all of the talk groups D-1 through D-5. Been listening fora bough 18 hours now...
D1 and D-3 are on the west system and are working fine. D2,D4 and D5 are on the east system and silent.
Do you have skype? You can Skype me. I can show you my setup and share my screen with you.

Last edited:

blackbelter

You'll need to create a separate *system* for each site, listing only the control channels for that site, then define knob positions to use each site. Once the pager locks onto any control channel for a given system, it will not leave that control channel until it deems it out of range. Since not all talkgroups are carried on all sites, you'll only hear the talkgroups that are carried on the site you're locked onto.
That is correct.

blackbelter

Speaking of sounds, in a noisy environment I use a Noxgear 39G . This powerful and micro size BT speaker boosts my G5 sounds by 30% to 40% with its internal rechargeable lasting battery of +/- 20 Hrs . This powerful device is water proof, solidly built and very light to carry or clip to your shirt. I have no affiliation with this company thus my experience is only stems from being an end user.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I have a Noxgear 39G as well. Its a great little BT speaker. I like the fact it has a clip or a removable magnetic attachment.

FishScan

The Noxgear boost your volume because it is up by your ear. It is not even close to the volume of the G5 on its own. I own two of them.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
While i have not measured the overall audio levels or power out of either device i sure as heck would rather have the noxgear on my collar vs the G4. Bottom line is its a great option to have and use.