• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Alerting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
My dealer and I are working on this ongoing issue but maybe you guys may have some insight.

I have a G5. I have a couple issues, 1st, When it does alert for 1 tone on a frequency, it will not alert for a 2nd tone right after on the same frequency like the minitor. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice if it could. I'm thinking because it is counting down to reset after the audio stops.

But my BIG issue is, I am silent scanning 3 frequencies (1 of which is a known birdie), however, The pager may not go off on 1 of the frequencies, usually the birdie frequency, but could be any. Usually, it alerts once, and then will not alert again unless I turn the pager off and back on again and thats not even 100%.

All of these frequencies are VHF conventional.

Any ideas because this is getting annoying, I may go back to my G1 and change the batteries every 10 hours!

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
My dealer and I are working on this ongoing issue but maybe you guys may have some insight.

I have a G5. I have a couple issues, 1st, When it does alert for 1 tone on a frequency, it will not alert for a 2nd tone right after on the same frequency like the minitor. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice if it could. I'm thinking because it is counting down to reset after the audio stops.

But my BIG issue is, I am silent scanning 3 frequencies (1 of which is a known birdie), however, The pager may not go off on 1 of the frequencies, usually the birdie frequency, but could be any. Usually, it alerts once, and then will not alert again unless I turn the pager off and back on again and thats not even 100%.

All of these frequencies are VHF conventional.

Any ideas because this is getting annoying, I may go back to my G1 and change the batteries every 10 hours!

What version of Firmware are you using? Have your dealer contact me and we may be able to resolve your issues. When it comes to the G1 the battery life should be much longer than 10 hours we recommend getting a new set of batteries every 6 months. I recommend that when you change your clocks for DST you change not only your smoke detector batteries but also your pager batteries.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
thanks, The G5 is brand new from the factory from January. My dealer is trying to replicate the issue on another pager on a monitor.

I got the same time on the G1 with brand new batteries.

It may all be on this 1 frequency which is a known birdie frequency.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I have noticed failure to alert on second tone as well. Issue is intermittent.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I appologize for the spelling typos above. Fat thumbs, small keys on my phone.

I was outside the mall yesterday and the pager did not activate for a call inside the mall, however, when I was on that call inside the mall (less radio reception) and we had additional calls, the pager activated twice... Theres like no ryhme or reason.

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
Actually, it may be related to an issue that I have been tracking. The decoding bandwidth on the G5 is tighter than the G1 we tightened it to prevent falsing but it could be related.

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
i got them i will look as soon as i can I am currently in Indianapolis for FDIC so it maybe a bit before i can take the time to evaluate them but i assure you i will look at them personally.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
thanks, The G5 is brand new from the factory from January. My dealer is trying to replicate the issue on another pager on a monitor.

I got the same time on the G1 with brand new batteries.

It may all be on this 1 frequency which is a known birdie frequency.
That does not guarantee the latest firmware. My G4 case has had about a 60/40 split on old and new firmware.

Sent via Tapatalk

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
@Dave

Unification replaced my G5 under warranty, however the new one is doing the same thing.

Does the G5 have a different scan than the G1?

Status
Not open for further replies.