• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Amp Charger High Pitch

PKnight56

Premium Subscriber
Hey all!

I have a standard G5 and amplified charger, but anytime the pager is seated, the unit outputs a continuous tone around the 15000-17000 hz range (almost like the pitch from an old CRT) This is very uncomfortable on the ears, even though mine are young.

Has anyone else encountered this or could it be an issue with the unit? I doubt a video would be able to capture that high of a pitch but it’s up there for sure.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

PKnight56

Premium Subscriber
To add on, it’s not from the speaker on the pager or the unit, but from something internal (maybe charging related?)

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Hey all!

I have a standard G5 and amplified charger, but anytime the pager is seated, the unit outputs a continuous tone around the 15000-17000 hz range (almost like the pitch from an old CRT) This is very uncomfortable on the ears, even though mine are young.

Has anyone else encountered this or could it be an issue with the unit? I doubt a video would be able to capture that high of a pitch but it’s up there for sure.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
I have noticed this on my two new G5's that just came in two weeks ago. I did email my dealer, and he stated this has been noticed in some units. It appears to be when the battery is getting lower (at least for me), the hissing noise is present. After a full charge, If I take it out and re-insert the pager, there is no hissing noise.

GTO_04

Is that reason enough to send back in? Or is it more effective to go at it myself/third party.
Yes that is reason to send it back. Sourcing the transformer on your could be difficult if it needs to be replaced. It is better to have Unication service it. If the problem turns out to be something else then they can address that.

GTO_04