• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 audio viewer

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Looking for a program that can give me all the info from the G5 pager.
Like how the Universal Audio Player by Diem has lots of info from the wav file.

The backup message program doesn't give me what i'm looking for, which is the UID/radio ID

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
The UID's are displayed when you playback on the pager itself, so the info should be embedded in the file. I seem to remember a thread on here where someone was looking for audio samples from Uniden scanner recordings to extract metadata. I'll do some digging around to see if I can find it.

Last edited:

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
I found it Logipole - Tools for Windows -

Have you tried to use the Universal Audio Player? It may work to extract something. Pretty sure things will be in the wrong columns, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.
I have tried the one by diem of that's the one you're referring to. They're not supported. The wav file seems encode or encrypted. I haven't done any digging on how to reverse it or get around it but that's my next step.

I wish diem was around to hand off the source code

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
I never used the message utility until I downloaded it just now. At first, I was thinking there was some sort of mistake since I was able to see all of the UID names just fine. I scrolled down to one that I didn't have added to my call list and saw a big fat 0 where the UID is supposed to be. I see exactly what you mean now. Maybe Unication can offer some sort of explanation as to why every number that is showing is wrong. Also, I noticed the .txt file that gets created for every .wav file when you export contains the same gibberish.

This crap has my OCD kicked into high gear :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
I have tried the one by diem of that's the one you're referring to. They're not supported. The wav file seems encode or encrypted. I haven't done any digging on how to reverse it or get around it but that's my next step.

I wish diem was around to hand off the source code
I downloaded and tried the Universal Audio Player just for grins, and it works just fine for playing back the Unication audio. Unfortunately, the TGID names are in the UID name column, and UID names don't show up at all.

Screenshot 2024-09-17 224553.png

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
I downloaded and tried the Universal Audio Player just for grins, and it works just fine for playing back the Unication audio. Unfortunately, the TGID names are in the UID name column, and UID names don't show up at all.

View attachment 169451
I never noticed the import button there. I always use file > add folder/add files lol.

I'll have to mess with it. Honestly I just want to listen to what they say and I'll take notes on who it is. It'll be a tad hard without it showing the UID, but I can always just use my g5 for that when the house is quiet.

I think the SDS has the same issues with the UID/aliases like the G5 import does sadly